Did the Denali ever come with heated wind shield wiper fluid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Ya, works decent but needs few shots to get it going

27* here today w some freezing rain/snow and i took a lil vid this morning

[yt]RHb5dK-x_KE[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, works decent but needs few shots to get it going

27* here today w some freezing rain/snow and i took a lil vid this morning

[yt]RHb5dK-x_KE[/yt]

"Not bad, not that good"

hahahahaha

I guess it was decent. would you rather have to do that a couple times or get out and scrape it off? I'm just asking because I don't ever think I'll actually use it here in Florida...

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
haha, ya its nothing to depend on....

scraping sucks s$$ period...i rather leave the car warm up all day than go out there do that...gotta find another spot for the other car so i can park this in the garage :(

In fl, i doubt ull ever need it...i have never gotten bugs in my windshield in the summer and thought "hmmm let me use my heated washer"

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my ride is usually in a garage and don't have too much issues but a few times I did get some freezing rain on it. I tried just the fluid and wipers and it didn't seem to make a dent. Tried the heater and wipers and it cleaned it off fairly decent. Does it frost it in one wipe? No. Does it speed up the process? Yes. I've also noticed if you let it cycle itself, each time it comes back on, it's hotter than the cycle before.

BTW, I had used it for bugs on my Saturn Outlook. It did seem to work much better too on that as well.

Malimal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
glad i found this thread. i have the button and wondered why it never worked. The shop I took it to said the parts where not there for it to work. now i know why. Will be ordering a replacement.

dvoffroad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread too. I wondered why that button didn't work. Now it is time to pop the hood and see how much stuff has been removed...

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which kit? I see two listed: AT-37GM and AT-38OD.

It's for a 2008 Yukon Denali...

BPopilek

Reaction score
So I stumbled across this thread tonight and just had to go look at my 2008 Yukon SLT. Sure enough, the recall has been done to my truck long before I bought it. The unit and fuse are both gone. However, I still have the button and mounting bracket installed.

I was reading up on the AT-380D, and I have a question. According to what I read, this unit doesn't use the button, and instead monitors the truck's system voltage to turn on. Is there a way to hook it back up to the factory button and use it like it was originally intended? I don't really need it turning on in the middle of summer. Thanks for a great thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the AT-37GM and it uses the button. Alphatherm had an ordering option for a 60 amp fuse, so I got that as well.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syngyn