Did anyone's Range Technologies AFM Disabler cause an upload error?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLAv8r

Reaction score
Off topic slightly..but do you enjoy your Range disabler? I was thinking about picking one up for my '17, but keep reading about it throwing a CEL randomly.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic slightly..but do you enjoy your Range disabler? I was thinking about picking one up for my '17, but keep reading about it throwing a CEL randomly.
The latest version seems to be better= no codes thus far. I had the first version and it did cause random errors. If you have a Denali, and are interested, I will be selling mine shortly. I am getting a tune from BB.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love it, seems an entirely diferent vehicle. Take it out when goes in for warranty service and goes right back in, best thing since sliced bread

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, the vehicle is being watched, a couple things to think about, the air bag module is the "black box" in your vehicle, all crash data is stored there, so if you are in a crash you might want to remove this and hang on to it. also onstar is linked to the vehicle running ECM, you know how they can shut it down for police. to me if you dont use onstar at all, remove the fuse, some programmers tell you to this before starting to tune...big brother is watching..food for thought

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, the vehicle is being watched, a couple things to think about, the air bag module is the "black box" in your vehicle, all crash data is stored there, so if you are in a crash you might want to remove this and hang on to it. also onstar is linked to the vehicle running ECM, you know how they can shut it down for police. to me if you dont use onstar at all, remove the fuse, some programmers tell you to this before starting to tune...big brother is watching..food for thought

Haven't checked yet but is the fuse labeled "onstar?"

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the monthly onstar report. Unable to pull diagnostics with range plugged in. I have the new version as well 8.6 R1. Funny thing is that last month it was fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick