Did anyone's Range Technologies AFM Disabler cause an upload error?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my monthly email from GMC about the status of my vehicle earlier this week.
However, this time it could not upload the information because there was 'an error more than likely caused by something being plugged into my OBD port'.

I never used my AFM disabler long term due to technical issues in the 1st version. I am now on my 2nd version.

I am just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my monthly email from GMC about the status of my vehicle earlier this week.
However, this time it could not upload the information because there was 'an error more than likely caused by something being plugged into my OBD port'.

I never used my AFM disabler long term due to technical issues in the 1st version. I am now on my 2nd version.

I am just wondering if anyone else had this issue.
It happens - Range even discusses the possibility -

https://rangetechnology.zendesk.com...ce-that-OnStar-Diagnostics-Report-didn-t-run-

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OT but, d@mn, I'm glad that I don't have onstar. What else does it report when it can upload? More info on you, your driving habits, etc. that gets sold to 3rd parties?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep its coming, starts with the electric steering, first thing that crossed my mind when I read electric steering, not paranoid, just the facts folks. no tinfoil hats needed.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OT but, d@mn, I'm glad that I don't have onstar. What else does it report when it can upload? More info on you, your driving habits, etc. that gets sold to 3rd parties?
I would not doubt it.
We have one of those Donegal OBD readers in our son's car. It tells me EVERYTHING about his driving habits including live GPS tracking that displays exactly where he is at and where he has been via map. :eek:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Hate to break it to everybody but you’re all carrying supercomputers in your pocket that track everything you do how many steps you take, where you go and the speed at which you go there. Furthermore many people even use these devices to pay for items once they’ve gotten to where they were going. Worry about onstar is like worrying about your thermostat

Sent from my iPhone11s using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I would not doubt it.
We have one of those Donegal OBD readers in our son's car. It tells me EVERYTHING about his driving habits including live GPS tracking that displays exactly where he is at and where he has been via map. :eek:

Which one? Link?

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Hate to break it to everybody but you’re all carrying supercomputers in your pocket that track everything you do how many steps you take, where you go and the speed at which you go there. Furthermore many people even use these devices to pay for items once they’ve gotten to where they were going. Worry about onstar is like worrying about your thermostat

Sent from my iPhone11s using Tapatalk

Yes, so true. However, I do try to limit (to the best of my ability) the info that "they" do get. I turn off location services, geo-cr@p and such. Browse anonymously too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec