Diablosport tuner to Blackbear performance???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Has anyone gone from having a diablo sport tuner to having there Ecu reflashed by BBP?

I currently have the Diablo sport tuner in my 2008 Suburban LTZ. I am not looking to turn this land yacht into a Corvette just looking to get the best performance/fuel mileage as possible.

I currently have a K&N filter in the stock air box with stock intake tube. I have thought about swapping the tube for the Airaid MIT tube but not sure its a noticeable difference other than the intake noise being increased.

I also have removed the stock muffler (which is the size of a smart car) and replaced it witj something similar to this:
rps20170518_200514_819.jpg
I also left the resonator in place to eliminate drone. I really like the sound... very tame unless you really vet on it then it sounds really nice but not loud like a mud truck, after all this is an LTZ... its luxury, not loud and oobnoxious.

This is the wife's DD and I am not trying to break anything... like I said just looking to make it perform to its full potential.

So the question to anyone who has gone from the diablo to BBP..... was it a noticeable difference and do you feel it was worth the added effort and cost???

I already have about 75% of the torque management removed from the transmissions settings and I run the 87 octane tune with a firmer shift setting and 100% of TM off in tow/haul/sport mode.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about a custom tune from Diablosport? Since you already have the device, it would only be an additional $150 instead of having to pay the full price for a BB.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Yes I have considered that but never hear anyone on here talking about anything other than BB so I figured I would ask.... Surely someone must have taken the plunge. Its actually my brothers tuner, I just paid the extra $150 to add an additional license to be able to tune my Suburban... Mainly to turn off AFM.

sfc_jones

Reaction score
I would do the autocal with BBP, If you need more power and have a few extra buck to spend you can put a pro charger on it. btw, get rid of the K&N, what a hunk of junk they have turned out to be. Stock factory filters flow better. I will never use a oil based filter again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645