Dexcool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
Blue Pentofrost. I run it in everything. Hate 4 different coolants, so I run the best. The second choice is the pink Toyota coolant. We use it in all the big semi trucks and a lot of heavy equipment. I'll run water before dexfuck. Hate the stuff. I don't care if they fixed it or not. After the misery I went through 20+ years ago, I'll never touch it. But that's just me.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Point taken, but my truck already has 263k miles on it so if the antifreeze takes it out, which is highly unlikely, then I guess I'll have an excuse to swap a 6.0/6.2 in... lol

No telling how many miles it will have before the antifreeze would have time enough to actually create an issue.
Pretty sure you’ll be fine but we can always hope for an early demise of your engine to make room for a 6.0/6.2! :devilfinger:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue Pentofrost. I run it in everything. Hate 4 different coolants, so I run the best. The second choice is the pink Toyota coolant. We use it in all the big semi trucks and a lot of heavy equipment. I'll run water before dexfuck. Hate the stuff. I don't care if they fixed it or not. After the misery I went through 20+ years ago, I'll never touch it. But that's just me.
Funny.... I see no less that 7 different Pentofrost varieties. :lol2:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Please, don't hold back.

Smiley3303

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I switch my vehicles to Prestone universal. Dexcool does get nasty when you leave it too long which 99% of the world does. It also gets like clay if you have any leaks and air gets into the system. This is just what I have seen. I am not a hater I just don’t like paying more for a product that isn’t better than IMO than Prestone Universal anyway. I buy concentrate and mix it myself with distilled water as it is way cheaper.

John Day

Reaction score
Point taken, but my truck already has 263k miles on it so if the antifreeze takes it out, which is highly unlikely, then I guess I'll have an excuse to swap a 6.0/6.2 in... lol

No telling how many miles it will have before the antifreeze would have time enough to actually create an issue.
Only point I have is on top of my head!! “). Keep trucking. Pun intended

OP
OP
Nighthwk12

Nighthwk12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I switch my vehicles to Prestone universal. Dexcool does get nasty when you leave it too long which 99% of the world does. It also gets like clay if you have any leaks and air gets into the system. This is just what I have seen. I am not a hater I just don’t like paying more for a product that isn’t better than IMO than Prestone Universal anyway. I buy concentrate and mix it myself with distilled water as it is way cheaper.

Always have done the same. This truck is the first vehicle younger that 2010 and want it to last at least 7 years. I'll keep the dexcool as it seems to be okay in most. The guys running DEXCOOL you running mods too?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always have done the same. This truck is the first vehicle younger that 2010 and want it to last at least 7 years. I'll keep the dexcool as it seems to be okay in most. The guys running DEXCOOL you running mods too?

Out of those that responded in this thread, I'd roughly estimate that half have major mods such as a cam, heads or headwork, forced induction, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700