Desperate Radio Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you're having problems with your radio. Some said it might be the amp. You have no amp. But originally, your truck came with one. So the radio system has been rewired and this modified wiring or the radio may be the source of your troubles.

My children just spent a few nights in your town while performing at the Fine Arts Competitions down in Haines City at Landmark Baptist Church. I got a good haircut there once.

Oh thats awesome!! Also if I dont have an amp then how is the mestro working and what not!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so unknowing to me the Previous owner had taken it out and converted it. So how does the factory sub work and all that stuff?

Again thank you for all the help and info!!

It's kinda greek to me but all the speakers originally went directly into the amp, the tweeter and front door were wired together as are the rear door and d-pillar on each side. Our fellow Floridian, Ken, @kbuskill can explain it all better than I. I just know how to look up stuff.

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's kinda greek to me but all the speakers originally went directly into the amp, the tweeter and front door were wired together as are the rear door and d-pillar on each side. Our fellow Floridian, Ken, @kbuskill can explain it all better than I. I just know how to look up stuff.

Maybe you can look up why the PO would take out the amp instead of getting a replacment lol.

WAIT lightbulb. I have to have an amp right? Otherwise how would i get my turn chime and what not? This is all so high tech....

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be complicated,... there are interfaces that work with or without amp,...is the HU stock GM/Bose ?
Edit; OK I see you have a Kenwood HU,.. there is a chance that the PO deleted the factory amp.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can look up why the PO would take out the amp instead of getting a replacment lol.

WAIT lightbulb. I have to have an amp right? Otherwise how would i get my turn chime and what not? This is all so high tech....

Gently pull out your cup holders and then pry out that tray that holds them in, gently, so you don't mar anything up. If there's a silver thing down there with fins and dried spilled soda and french fries and crayons laying on top of it, that's your amp!

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be complicated,... there are interfaces that work with or without amp,...is the HU stock GM/Bose ?
Edit; OK I see you have a Kenwood HU,.. there is a chance that the PO deleted the factory amp.

I put the Kenwood in myself. When I bought it, it had the factory GM Navi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gently pull out your cup holders and then pry out that tray that holds them in, gently, so you don't mar anything up. If there's a silver thing down there with fins and dried spilled soda and french fries and crayons laying on top of it, that's your amp!

185d1821089e2a543ab5101ea59f3fca.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's it down there. Don't see too many '09s with heated washer fluid option. Now what was wrong with the original radio/nav? Can you swap it out to replicate your symptoms?

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's it down there. Don't see too many '09s with heated washer fluid option. Now what was wrong with the original radio/nav? Can you swap it out to replicate your symptoms?

I bought the truck when I lived in Chicago. Thank god I dont need the heated washer fluid anymore lol.

When you say "Thats in down there" dont tell me I ripped everything apart, got pissed off, put it all back together, got on here and became that guy and then inconvinceded everyone. Theres an amp there? Where?

Also there wasnt anything wrong with the orginal radio,navi other then the face I didnt have USB to play music lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076