Denali Stock Wheels with A/T Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DenaliCountry

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried many other AT tires over the years but the BFG AT K02 are my favourite. 295/50R22 on stock Denali wheel with no rubbing.View attachment 424779
I agree, I love the KO2's look and overall handling. However, the weight of those tires altered the ride dynamics to a point it was noticeable - rode really firm, 2+ MPG loss, road noise was excessive, etc. (I must be getting old lol).

Are those still a load range D or E?

Attachments

• Lake Lot.jpg
    Lake Lot.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
DenaliCountry

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock suspension height?
They should fit with Stock suspension. Before I downsized to 275/60/20 tires, I had 295/60/20 Toyo AT3's which is a slightly taller tire than his setup and they fit with stock suspension.

Attachments

• Fuel 7-1.jpg
    Fuel 7-1.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 7

BrentLav

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree, I love the KO2's look and overall handling. However, the weight of those tires altered the ride dynamics to a point it was noticeable - rode really firm, 2+ MPG loss, road noise was excessive, etc. (I must be getting old lol).

I would need to check mine as the KO2's have load ranges from C, D and E depending on the tire size. I stopped looking at the MPG because with the 6.2L, the tires and my aggressive driving style the MPG is just crazy bad. Yes, they are firm compared to the stock tires but on my previous truck I went through a set of Cooper AT's, Yokohama AT's and 2 sets of the BFG KO2 and IMO the KO2 were quieter, rode smoother and most importantly for me a better snow tire. It is still not as good as a dedicated snow tire, but a huge difference over the other snow-rated AT tires.

BrentLav

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They should fit with Stock suspension. Before I downsized to 275/60/20 tires, I had 295/60/20 Toyo AT3's which is a slightly taller tire than his setup and they fit with stock suspension.
Yes, stock suspension with no cutting or rubbing. I would like to get a level kit as I don't like the front rake but having trouble finding a level kit that works with the Magneride suspension.

EGTroup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all - considering ditching my 20" wheel setup with BFG's and going back to the stock 22" Denali Wheels with a stock size A/T tire. Anyone have any pics with the stock Denali wheels with A/T tires? I am looking at the Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires (put these on my wife's GC a while back and they are great tires) and the Toyo AT 3's but open to other options like Nitto Ridge Grapplers, etc. Would like to keep the stock size tire 275/50/22.

Thank you in advance.
Like the Continentals Terrain Contact A/T. Just installed on my 2023 Yukon Denali. See my post earlier today.

EGTroup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

This is why I went with the Continental Terrain Contact A/T. They are XL load rated and are very highly rated in wet, dry and snowy conditions. A smooth and quiet road tire with good All Terrain features.

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried many other AT tires over the years but the BFG AT K02 are my favourite. 295/50R22 on stock Denali wheel with no rubbing.View attachment 424779
They look great. Awesome tires. I have had these on my suburban for over 15 years. Can I ask what you paid for these after mounting balancing etc? I was quoted $2390 when I was looking to replace my stock tires, so I went with Yokohama Geolanders which were $1825. But I would have preferred the KO2's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo