Denali rear license plate light housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The molded part is in the bumper cover. The holder itself is actually clipped into the metal bumper under the plastic cover in order to swap it out to the regular black one that came on the truck you need to remove the plastic cover then replace the bulb housing. It's a pain in the ass and that s why my replacement bulb holder is in a drawer somewhere in my house and duct tape is holding the bulb in place until I get around to taking the bumper off and repainting everything lol

OP
OP
E

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The molded part is in the bumper cover. The holder itself is actually clipped into the metal bumper under the plastic cover in order to swap it out to the regular black one that came on the truck you need to remove the plastic cover then replace the bulb housing. It's a pain in the ass and that s why my replacement bulb holder is in a drawer somewhere in my house and duct tape is holding the bulb in place until I get around to taking the bumper off and repainting everything lol
Very helpful, thank you. Yeah, the picture is not a great one. I'll take a better one this evening when I am home.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. My light cover is integrated into bumper like they said above^, but the opening where the lens sits in doesn’t have a spot for anything to clip into it like yours does. It’s just smooth with an opening for the light lens itself.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
WTH did they do? They def screwed that up. Def shouldn't look like that. Hacked big time.20180228_175345.jpg
Just make the pic bigger, you should see how it's supposed to be. I'd take that back and make them fix it correctly. They take the same rear bulb black plastic housings as the Tahoe with the chrome bumpers use. I have a Tahoe, but swapped to the rear Denali bumper.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Maybe it's aftermarket or....? Was there some trim package with the chrome trim, like the legendary 06 LTZ or something?

Maybe sell it to @wendal ... Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157