Denali rear license plate light housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried to search and Google but cannot find an answer. My rear bumper was recently replaced and the shop added chrome license plate lights to the bumper. Of course, these were not on the denali from the factory (the denali license plate lights are molded into the bumper). Specifically, I am trying to understand what was there from the factory. Are they housings that clip to the backside of he bumper cover and the bulb sockets connect to that? Searching results only in what the shop used, which appear to be for a non-denali. Below is a pic of what was added. It's going back to fix the paint damage that happened when the black trim was installed. License plate light.JPG Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My apologies, this was posted in the wrong forum. I do not appear to be able to delete.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what my Denali rear bumper looks like. The light housings do not appear to be separate from the bumper. They are molded into the plastic as one piece and are color matched to the plastic bumper cover. I know the non Denali trucks have a small plastic piece that is removable I think like what yours looks like.

F4214125-CC72-47B6-B462-6EDAFB5B3443.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on my 03 Silverado it came with black ones I took them off and put on chrome ones, they just clip on and off and the light socket fits into the back side, you can just reach under your bumper and feel or look back there see to what I mean

OP
OP
E

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Guys, and for the move. The non-denali clip-on light is stuck on the molded light of the denali bumper. It looks like chrome lights were bought at Pep Boys and hacked on, and they easily pop off. Not apparent in the picture, but they do not sit flush against the molded light. Upon further research looking at pics, the denalis have lights mounted to the backside of the bumper within the molded section.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried to search and Google but cannot find an answer. My rear bumper was recently replaced and the shop added chrome license plate lights to the bumper. Of course, these were not on the denali from the factory (the denali license platelights are molded into the bumper). Specifically, I am trying to understand what was there from the factory. Are they housings that clip to the backside of he bumpercover and the bulb sockets connect to that? Searching results only in what the shop used, which appear to be for a non-denali. Below is a pic of what was added. It's going back to fix the paint damage that happened when the black trim was installed. Thank you in advance.

What's there from the factory is the same as a tahoe. The bumper cover is just molded to cover them up.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I re-posted in this forum before the move, so now there are 2 posts. Again, my apologies.
I merged the two and cleaned things up so that you wouldn't have dual posts at the top but still retained HiHoeSilver's response.