Denali Headlight Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidsSLT

Reaction score
If you think about selling your Denali headlights hit me up, Im in Columbus and want a set for my Yukon.
How bad is the condensation?

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Not bad, I was just planning on letting them dry up and re siloconing them

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

I may just pull them apart and remove the reflector or night shades it

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I'd also recommend DEPO headlights. I have some, but then I went and retro'd them.

Believe it or not, our headlights are designed to allow condensation. They are made to breath. If you take the light out and look closely on the back, there is a rubber snorkel looking thing and a small round "patch" of cloth on another spot. That cloth is essentially a Gore-tex type fabric that allows air to move. If it is all functioning correctly, the condensation should evaporate on it's own fairly quickly, and even faster if you run with the lights on for a bit.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Theoretically, yes. If the condensation persists or water is pooling in the light, there might be a leak rather than just the usual humidity, or one of the air holes in the light might be blocked or have dirt caked on it or something, preventing air flow. Once you turn the lights on, the heat should create a convection current of air that will dry them out.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
How hard was it to open your depos? I'd like to get some and take the reflectors out. I don't want the halos or LEDs that's why I'm going with depos. Do you have a shot of your front end with the headlights off just so I can see what they look like. Thanks!

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say leave them as is and do a low beam retrofit. I had mine done by a pro but they are pretty easy to do. I read a few threads from some members who have done it themselves too. Let your light output do the talking :D

picture.php

picture.php

Money well spent IMO

-J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reveita42