denali airbag drop question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Im playing with the idea of going with a lower drop on my denali as low as I can go with my 24's and still be able to tow my boat around which is about only 4100lbs Which would be better
3/5 drop with factory airride?

3" drop the front with 5" coils and helper bags?

drop the front and go with a full airbag rear?

or F it bag all the way around to tuck the tire or at least the top of it and still keep the awd.

It is a DD so I need to keep it that way to all the kiddos around and I do take it too Lake Tahoe in the winter so I need to be able to still fit my 20's on with my M+S tires.

Suggestions,Opinions,Comments?

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
meh any option is fine. Kind of depends on how much you want to spend.

my opinion isnt really much of a help lol.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with 5" springs with air-assist. I think that would be the best way to go for ride quality & ability to tow.

Cameron

Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled the bags off my 04 Denali because it towed like S*&^ and the valves where always freezing up in the snow. I went with the 3/5 kit and the TB coils with helper bags tows my 07 X-Star around great. Kind of in the same boat as you need it to still get around in the winter but want it to look good also. Run 305/35/R24s in the summer and 285/55/R20 for the winter and clears them just fine.

OP
OP
W

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Nelson. for my 24's I do run those sizes and for the 20's I run 305/50/20 Do you have pics of your ride and the rear end with the helper bags?

Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nothing changes on the height of the rear unless you have more then 5 lbs in them. Even with my boat I only need 15lbs in them and it handles great.

Attachments

• Denali 003.jpg
    Denali 003.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 28

Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I just drop the air out when I am not towing. Ride is great I have no complaints there. I bought the Denali because I was driving more for sales trips so wanted something that rode nice and still looked good and I am really happy with it. So happy my wife and I are considering selling our Super Duty and buying a Caddy and doing the same thing.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
do my 3/5.5 rides great which many will agree on here and ive been using the rear tb springs for the past 8 plus years on tahoes and not 1 of my customers has been upset with ride quality with them.

heres goes the 3./5.5 kit nelson bought from me
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=88

anything else just hollar

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts