Decision made. Take delivery tomorrow on a new 2017 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
UATahoe

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Gotta get everything ready for cleaning it up this weekend now.

nj16yukon

Reaction score
The 10-speed would make me a little nervous. It's taken a long time for manufacturers to get the programming right on the 8-speeds. I'm pretty happy with my Yukon 8-speed, but my previous Infiniti G37 was never right, despite 2 programming updates to the transmission.

OP
OP
UATahoe

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree John. The 10 speed would worry me. The price tag will be interesting as well. From what I saw, a Denali could be had for about the same as an LTZ. Paid 60 for mine with the open road package. The Denali was my end all be all regardless. Lol. And I am one of the few that likes the chromes trim. Lol

crunchcity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can already see future forum advice for the 10 speeds...for better driving on local streets make sure you put it in "M9"...

I'm just glad they are finally offering the bigger engine without all the exterior bling if you just want the power...

Although I still wish they would offer the 6.2 in LS or LT trim lol....

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as Chevy announces its RST Tahoe package with available 420hp and 10 speed automatic. :-O

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2017/04/06/chevy-tahoe-rst/100104474/

I love the new RST. I have the black emblems to add already to my Pearl Tahoe but am still enjoying the debadged look as of now. Also appears they dechromed it for you already which is nice.

Its interesting looking at the photos to see that they are adding the black "corner piece" which is usually matching on the Chevy's and black on the GMC. Wonder what the thought process is for that.

upload_2017-4-6_15-20-57.png

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept hearing gm will have the 10spd tranny but thought it would be 2019 after ford releases it in the expedition for 18.

Makes sense since They are using the same tranny.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RST....I like the motor/tranny, magnetic shocks (those should be amazing on a big rig) ...these three item should have been stock items imo.

I don't like the Price (yeah nobody even knows what it is yet, but shit the stock Tahoe is too expensive), the wheels, they could have given it a more 'street look' in stance.

Also....why haven't they made a Diesel yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA