Decision made. Take delivery tomorrow on a new 2017 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 10-speed would make me a little nervous. It's taken a long time for manufacturers to get the programming right on the 8-speeds. I'm pretty happy with my Yukon 8-speed, but my previous Infiniti G37 was never right, despite 2 programming updates to the transmission.
Exact same thing I was thinking. I am one of those that owns the problematic initial 8 speed transmissions. I also had a 2009 Pontiac G8 that had the horrible flares between shifts that required an aftermarket TCM tune. It could be just me, but I don't exactly trust GM's state of the art transmissions. ;)

MVR 155

Reaction score
Been tracking Laura for quite a while, and that is an incredible deal. Even for them. More details and pics when you finally get tired of enjoying that new car smell!

I purchased my 2015 Yukon Denali from Laura back in October of 2015. Best deal, hands down (I have a good friend who is a 13 year employee and manager at a local GMC dealer). Laura was able to best his deal by ~$1900. I live just west of Chicago, got an Amtrak ticket for under $30 and they (Laura) picked me up at the STL train station. My vehicle was prepped and waiting, paperwork was ready and I was in/out in about 1 hour. JD was my salesperson and was absolutely fantastic. I have sent others there since and they are also beyond pleased!!! I would buy from them again in an instant.

MVR 155

Reaction score
GM's 8 speed is a huge improvement over the outgoing 6 speed. I replaced my 2008 Hummer H2 with my 2015 Denali. Before my 2008 Hummer I had a 2006 with the 4 speed. My 2008 with the 6 speed would constantly gear hunt and would clunk/bang at certain speeds when driving it easy (it was always spot on under aggressive driving or in tow mode). That being said it was far better than my 2006 with the 4 speed. I'm pretty happy with my 8 speed in the new truck. While the DOD and extra gears can provide a bit of delay, I get zero clunking/banging and it's considerably more responsive/much quicker. I'm also a Corvette enthusiast and own a Z06, the new C7 Z06 with the auto was a first and while it was advertised to shift as quick as the Porsche PDK, it has over promised and under delivered. While it up shifts quick, it is quirky on the track with downshifts and related shifting. Hopefully the new 10 speed will be an improvement? The tests on the new ZL1 are hopeful? My other DD is a Audi S4 with the S-Tronic dual clutch 7 speed and it's so much better than any conventional/torque converter auto I've driven.

Sgtduckyboy

Reaction score
in the end I decided to go for what I have been wanting for a long time. Made the decision and couldn't be happier. Purchased through Laura GMC and it has been a super easy process so far. Can't wait to get that thing on the road headed back to Alabama. Really appreciate all the feedback from the site and can't wait to start tinkering with it.
Laura GMC, up here near STL? why up here? best deal? demo price? I cant make the jump to a new one, just shaking my head spending more than $30K for any vehicle. And I make almost 6 figures! I'm just cheap i guess!

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also....why haven't they made a Diesel yet?

I have been thinking the same thing. If Suburban would go back to making a 2500 with a Diesel, it would be amazing.

Unless you are referring to the EcoDiesel? Also a good move, but Im leaning more towards the Towing increase in my diesel wish!

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Laura GMC, up here near STL? why up here? best deal? demo price? I cant make the jump to a new one, just shaking my head spending more than $30K for any vehicle. And I make almost 6 figures! I'm just cheap i guess!
Yes, or living in the 1980's. lol

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good rule of thumb:

" 20/4/10 rule, which says you should: Make a down payment of at least 20%. Finance a car for no more than four years. And not let your total monthly vehicle expense, including principal, interest and insurance, exceed 10% of your gross income.Mar 31, 2017"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz