Dead Battery overnight..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alexander

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dead Battery overnight

Ok i have never had anything that has had shaved door handles but i just purchased a Tahoe that has shaved handles. The doors are not yet back on the Tahoe but i was curious about something. If the battery is dead then the door poppers will not work?????? How the crap do you get inside it or pop the hood?

OP
OP
J

jstutz101

Reaction score
Due to a planned surgery yesterday I can't work on the car for a few days. Oddly enough after sitting all night it started right up today. I hate intermittent trouble!

sennister

Reaction score
Ok i have never had anything that has had shaved door handles but i just purchased a Tahoe that has shaved handles. The doors are not yet back on the Tahoe but i was curious about something. If the battery is dead then the door poppers will not work?????? How the crap do you get inside it or pop the hood?

Check your trailer plug. Pin 4 on the 7 pin trailer connectors is a run to the battery. Not sure on these trucks as I haven't checked mine yet but in the GMT800 series they would save a buck by not putting the 40 Amp Fuse in the fuse block that is needed to activate this. I found this out when my battery kept going dead on the camper. Anyhow check and see if you have 12V on that Pin 4. You could always rig up something to charge back through that to power enough of the vehicle to get back in and pop the hood.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A stand alone battery back up system. Small 12 volt sealed battery, the kind used in kids electric cars.
Wire it to the door poppers only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20