Daytime Running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrdellRobbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My driver side daytime running light seems to be burning through bulbs in a matter of minutes. Replaced it while at an autozone but stopped working by the time I got home. The passenger side still works fine so i do not figure it is a fuse issue. I guess my next plan is to replace that daytime running light connector but wanted to ask here just to get a second opinion.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My driver side daytime running light seems to be burning through bulbs in a matter of minutes. Replaced it while at an autozone but stopped working by the time I got home. The passenger side still works fine so i do not figure it is a fuse issue. I guess my next plan is to replace that daytime running light connector but wanted to ask here just to get a second opinion.

Assuming you're in the right section, your NBS truck is notorious for this. GM didn't do a very good job of controlling the voltage to the DRL. Hence the 4114 bulb designation, rather than the 3157.

The sockets are typically toasted on these, too. Did you switch the bulb to the other side to verify its actually burned out and not just an intermittent connection because of a bad socket?

My .02, if the sockets are crispy, change them, and make sure you're using a 4114 lamp.

There are a few different LED bulbs discussed around here for those, as well, if you'd like.

OP
OP
OrdellRobbie

OrdellRobbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Assuming you're in the right section, your NBS truck is notorious for this. GM didn't do a very good job of controlling the voltage to the DRL. Hence the 4114 bulb designation, rather than the 3157.

The sockets are typically toasted on these, too. Did you switch the bulb to the other side to verify its actually burned out and not just an intermittent connection because of a bad socket?

My .02, if the sockets are crispy, change them, and make sure you're using a 4114 lamp.

There are a few different LED bulbs discussed around here for those, as well, if you'd like.

Ordered some LED's on amazon in the 3157 size and replaced the running lights and reverse lights as well. I do have a socket already ordered but so far the 3157 is working without burning out. Time will tell but the LED's sure look sharp!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ordered some LED's on amazon in the 3157 size and replaced the running lights and reverse lights as well. I do have a socket already ordered but so far the 3157 is working without burning out. Time will tell but the LED's sure look sharp!

Link to what you got?

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just delete drl and get new pigtails and wire them together with turn signals that's what I did on my 04 unless u need the drl

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I did .not my video but same exact thing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts