Day 1 Sound Ordnance B-8PTD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtub910

Reaction score
Dropped my truck off at a local sound shop this morning and got two subs installed. I was leaning two JL 10’s but after pricing out the total cost and losing that space behind my third row I passed on that idea. After looking at Kicker 11HS8 Andy at Crutchfield sold me on their house brand Sound Ordnance. This product is an enclosed sub and amp combo that just plugs and plays. These guys are at a killer price point and currently have 760 reviews at 4.5 stars. I figured I’d save some $$$ and get these instead of the Kicker alternative.

I have the SLT-2 package in my current rig. I have the bose system that I love and just wanted some extra thump. I’ve replaced the head unit a while back so I can have Bluetooth access as well as the hardwired option. Since that was already in these subs we’re pretty easy to install. The shop mounted them under each captain chairs in the second row and they are pretty well hidden. I still need to EQ them but I’m am happy with them. They aren’t near as good as two 12’s but I’m almost 30. I’m growing up some and didn’t want to sacrifice the space or rattle the neighbors house so this was a great alternative. Below are some pics of the set up. This weekend I’m doing an Airaid MIT and drop in AEM filter. Here we go!

04cfaa86fc8d7a8b2574cb64e5aed70e.jpg

7b9e35f7384a7fca4a0594add4dd17df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YukonXLslt1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you still able to fold seat flat? I have 60/40 2nd row bench and was considering the q-logic custom fit box from crutchfield but you have to remove to fold seat flat. Small sacrifice I guess.

OP
OP
jtub910

jtub910

Reaction score
Are you still able to fold seat flat? I have 60/40 2nd row bench and was considering the q-logic custom fit box from crutchfield but you have to remove to fold seat flat. Small sacrifice I guess.

You can fold it flat enough. It won't fold flush like is use to but it's almost there. The unit it 3 1/8" tall so that is a sacrifice i can live with.

SirReal63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it, actually considering these or the Cerwin Vega 10" AIO sub. I am curious why they did not turn it to fit between the seat rails instead of across them?

OP
OP
jtub910

jtub910

Reaction score
I like it, actually considering these or the Cerwin Vega 10" AIO sub. I am curious why they did not turn it to fit between the seat rails instead of across them?

Even with the plastic trim taken off they don't fit directly on the carpet. To keep the trim in we just turned them sideways and mounted them.

OP
OP
jtub910

jtub910

Reaction score
That makes sense. Good work and I hope it gives a enough bump to the Bose.

Starting out I was really impressed with the Bose factory system without a sub in the back. After getting it bluetooth capable I was happy again. Two years after installing the head unit I was missing something. These subs are fixing that appetite for bass currently. The best part is just adding these two 8's to the Bose system. Everything meshes well together and it's just the right amount of extra juice.

SirReal63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, we are happy with the Bose LUX when the volume is up, but it lacks bass when the volume is low. I have a nice JL 12" in a box but will not put it in the back. The under the seat is an easy solution. We are both retired and do not need or want to be heard in the next county, just a little more SQ is warranted.

OP
OP
jtub910

jtub910

Reaction score
5 days after install I’d have to say I’m pretty happy with these speakers. The biggest thing about running 8” speakers is knowing they aren’t 10’s or 12’s and being okay with that. For what they are they sound great and I wish I would have installed them sooner.

AngelsTrojans

Reaction score
5 days after install I’d have to say I’m pretty happy with these speakers. The biggest thing about running 8” speakers is knowing they aren’t 10’s or 12’s and being okay with that. For what they are they sound great and I wish I would have installed them sooner.

How did they piggyback the two enclosures?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645