Dashboard core frame replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setconstr

Reaction score
View attachment 239795 View attachment 239796 I'm so Pissed off that this happened but time to move forward. I had Bell Tech sway bars and Nitro shocks added to my o5 Tahoe I already had the bell tech 3/5 drop kit in that was all nice. While it was there my antenna was broken and the stereo shop next door said they would replace it no prob. It all looked good but I kept hearing a rattle so today I started taking the dash cover off but I couldn't see the little white tabs to release the passenger side handle any longer, there were some screws kind of angled in to hold it in place.Once I got it out and got the cover off I couldn't believe what they did !!! Obviously they had no clue how to get the handle off so they just ripped it out of the dash core frame breaking the whole thing then mickey mousing it back together ! I mean all you have to do is Utube it and there's 20 frigging video's on what to do. I'm going back next week and it won't be pretty......Anyway I got a whole dash frame and cover today off an 04 for $200.00 but I can't find any video's on how to do it ( the junkyard guy gave me a few pointers ) I'm sure I can do it but it would be nice to have a UTube or something to refer back to , maybe I'll make one. The last picture is what it's supposed to look like and the white tab is right there and can be pushed on each side through the vents once removed ....Easy

View attachment 239795 View attachment 239796 View attachment 239797

IMG_3834.jpg IMG_3835.jpg IMG_3836.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYone