dash stops working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouse4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 03 Yukon Xl and the entire dash will just go dead no radio no heater controls nothing in the cluster no driver info or anything I have seen a lot of these threads but no one seems to follow thru with what the fix is. Everything will come back on randomly but not all at once or sometimes the shifter indicator will be real dim. Let me know what the deal is thanks

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

A little update on this it just did it again had no lights on in dash but all gauges work the radio still played an heat still was blowing but had no displays on anything or back light then messed with dimmer an some stuff came on.

Toyfare

Reaction score
When mine acted like that it was the alternator. I was also getting the "battery not charging" warning on the DIC.

Gassey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a similar issue but it's all the gauges doing what they want. Some times showing higher or lower numbers on the speedo and tach. I can't figure out why.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If alternator checks ok then suspect the dash cluster stepper motors causing problems. Also could have simple connection problems at the dash cluster connector or ground problems. Dirty connections? Loose? Ground wire wire in connector pushed out of connector and not making tight fit? Any recent dash work?

Gassey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not since I bought it. Everything worked fine and the the gauges went nuts. Should I pull the dash and gauges out and check the connections then put it back together and drive it around the block?

Gassey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will do. I'll get back to you after completing. Thanks!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You want it to come apart easily and not have to "pry" on things. You want to make sure you inspect for and find and use the connector releases when unplugging the connectors. Inspect everything with a magnifier unless you have great eyesight. Make sure all connections are clean. Lots of crud builds up inside and behind dashes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneloks69