Dash and Ac Lights problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robb.

Reaction score
didnt know where to post this...since help with electrical and interior stuff is scattered all over the forum...
ive seen a few posts about this problem in particular..and NO 1 seems to have a answer for it....... its not a isolated problem, alot of peeps are havin this issue. so what gives?
The lights in my dash and ac controls just went out......ive checked all the fuses..and they are fine...went through them 1 by 1.............hell i even changed the dimmer box.....

my 01 tahoe is up there in yrs...almost hittin 200k

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights out

didnt know where to post this...since help with electrical and interior stuff is scattered all over the forum...
ive seen a few posts about this problem in particular..and NO 1 seems to have a answer for it....... its not a isolated problem, alot of peeps are havin this issue. so what gives?
The lights in my dash and ac controls just went out......ive checked all the fuses..and they are fine...went through them 1 by 1.............hell i even changed the dimmer box.....

my 01 tahoe is up there in yrs...almost hittin 200k

Nothing new even with the newer ones. You can replace the bulbs in the hvac control if you are good with a soldering iron. Same goes for radio, power window, mirror, Lock switches are all soldered in my 01 tahoe. The cluster bulbs, Head light, wiper, and 4wd switches are replacable no soldering.

Gordy

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
To me it sounds like there's a major body fuse somewhere that's blowing to cause this. I'm not sure if the truck has one or if you know what I'm talking about. Some newer vehicles have a very expensive ground/ECM attached to the chassis that can be damaged during a power surge (ie jumpstart).

OP
OP
robb.

robb.

Reaction score
yep ...sure did...even the ones under the steerin wheel ..by the brakes

jomulk ive heard of a loose ground wire behind the engine that could be the cause of all the gremlins

John__M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The bulbs in my AC panel have burned out, the ones that illuminate the bottom buttons (as in fresh or recirculate, and rear defogger ac buttons).

Anybody know what the P/N for replacement bulbs?

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
accessories

in the box

12V Microlamps (2-Pack)
Model: 272-1092 | Catalog #: 272-1092
$1.99$1.99 4.9(27 reviews)
Read 27 ReviewsWrite a Review
Availability: In stock Usually ships in 1 - 2 business days

This item is available at most stores. Need more help?
See technical specifications
See features of this product

They will need to be soldered. get some desoldering wire to get the old bulbs out.

I had to bypass mine as when I put new bulbs in they still did not work.

John__M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
accessories

in the box

12V Microlamps (2-Pack)
Model: 272-1092 | Catalog #: 272-1092

They will need to be soldered. get some desoldering wire to get the old bulbs out.

I had to bypass mine as when I put new bulbs in they still did not work.

ok thanks. Looks like thats a Radio Shack P/N. I also have 272-1154, mebbe those are the slightly larger ones. When I go I will get a handful of both.

Hopefully, new bulbs will do the trick. Just an annoyance not having the ac lights lit up

john

John__M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok, heres the results of my radio shack trek:

272-1092: These are the super-tiny bulbs that light up whenever recirc, fresh, ac, rear-defog is selected.

272-1154 - These are slightly bigger than the 1092s, are for the backlighting of the switches mentioned above. (This is what I was needing, my orig post wasnt clear.)

Theres a 3rd series of bulbs in the ac control unit, they backlight the ac control panel dials. They are even bigger than the 1154s. Dont know what p/n these cross to.

maybe this will help someone.

john

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n240sxlover