Damn... i mean dang condensation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
long story short - there is condensation in the fogs!:supergay:

ok just one of them but its annoying cause the HIDs look funny. one side looks great the other side looks blurry. Annoying.

Whats the best way to get the condensation out? wait? or use a hair dryer? i dunno, im not going to worry about it now cause its too cold and i dont feel like it but ill deal with it later.

any thoughts? then should i silicone the back of the HID. its weird cause one side is doing it but not the other side...

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Probably slight seal damage on the condensed side due to heat.
You can try a heat gun on low heat, then silicone it but it may come back as long as the HIDs are still in there.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Whne I bought my Tahoe I had about 1/2 inch of water in one. Not sure where it went, but they seem to work fine now.lol Besides the fact that they are burned yellow inside from the HIDs

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drill a very small hole in the bottom of the capsule. This is a quick fix for water in any lens. I've never done it to fogs but its worked on tails and headlights before. I don't think silicone is necessary with this method either, since your giving the moisture a way to get out.

scarter

Reaction score
i have the same problem. i popped out the fog light, took out the bulb, then let all the condensation run out of the hole where the bulb was. my question is does the lens pop off? i need to clean the inside of the glass, there are spots and it is dirty inside from where the condensation was.

RenaliSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drill a very small hole in the bottom of the capsule. This is a quick fix for water in any lens. I've never done it to fogs but its worked on tails and headlights before. I don't think silicone is necessary with this method either, since your giving the moisture a way to get out.

this works! im sure you've put your time in with the hairdryer...my mechanic used compressed air and re-sealed where the bulb goes in...no problems.

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of putting some type of alcohol in there to displace the water. It'll dry up pretty clean when flipped upside down. And yes, the foglight lens does come off. Mine actually was coming loose when I cleaned the lens from the outside with that kit from Advance Autoparts. I sealed the lens back on with some epoxy glue. But if you want to seal the light bulb in then I would use some gasket maker. It'll stay on, and can be scraped off when you want to take it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz