cylinders 5,7 running lean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
99 2dr

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have my shop do a balance test, I replaced the head gaskets 2 years ago because they rust/rotted out. At that time the heads were hot tanked, rinsed out, cleaned ect.... Do you think that it would be worthwhile to try swamping it with seafoam?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
for only two years? not really. try the balance test first. if some come out clogged have the pressure type injection cleaning done where they disable the pump and feed the solvent thru the test port. that will clean just about anything out of injectors.

OP
OP
99 2dr

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got everything buttoned up last night. I think the pinging/detonation may be cleared up just from the new cap/rotor/plugs/wires. Should know more this afternoon.

Plankton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is quite an old thread but I have the same thing, lean on the middle cylinders. I was wondering if you solved this problem with the new rotor, cap, plugs, wires or if you did the balance test?

Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
513Tahoe