Custom rear subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec6000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to put subs in the rear wheel well panels? (Something kinda like the photo)

Attachments

• IMG_6752.jpeg
    IMG_6752.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 6

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to put subs in the rear wheel well panels? (Something kinda like the photo)
you probably could not fit much on the right forward of the hvac system maybe a 8", the left has more space at the rear you could fit a shallower 12"
in either case you would need to have something made unless there is a someone out there that sells a whole panel already made which would not be cheap by any means
your best bet is to reach out to a local high end audio shop that does custom work

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have captain's chairs in your second row seating? If yes, you could put a sub box between the two chairs, like I did.

OP
OP
Vortec6000

Vortec6000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you probably could not fit much on the right forward of the hvac system maybe a 8", the left has more space at the rear you could fit a shallower 12"
in either case you would need to have something made unless there is a someone out there that sells a whole panel already made which would not be cheap by any means
your best bet is to reach out to a local high end audio shop that does custom work
image.jpg
Yeah there isn’t much room on this side for any kind of chamber.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also wanted the same, something space saving to be able to haul if I needed. I found the perfect solution for me, I definitely would recommend it.

I'm not going to win any SPL competitions by any means, but there is plenty of punch and good sound-quality bass from this sub. I could turn it up way more and get a better amp and crossover, but I'm super happy with how mine turned out.

It's a Kicker CompRT sub that is downward firing (mine is turned up for the pic). What looks like a sub on the right is a passive woofer. And the box is built to be rugged, even though it's carpeted. You can literally put anything on it, my local audio store jumped up and down on it, didn't phase it. I opted for the 10", they make a 12" too. My 10" is 2ohm and 400 watts, which is what I'm running to it.

I wanted low profile, hard to see through the glass, and good sound quality. It checked all my boxes.

Screenshot_20240312_080935_Gallery.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon