Custom air dam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mdhawk

mdhawk

Reaction score
Yea most people do say to stay away from them because they have seen crappy spacers that damage the wheel studs. but if you get good hubcentric spacers that are only 1" or so it won't hurt anything and will improve the look big time.
I think I'll order a set. Maybe they will get here before I get my new tires. Thanks for the idea. I think it will look great too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem man.

I just looked at your suspensions pictures. Looks like you cut out the droop stops under the UCA's? I don't know if that's good or not. Those angles look really steep to me on the ball joints.

01Konvict knows more than I do about these suspensions but I think you need to get those UCA's ASAP and maybe weld the droop stops back in.

OP
OP
mdhawk

mdhawk

Reaction score
No problem man.

I just looked at your suspensions pictures. Looks like you cut out the droop stops under the UCA's? I don't know if that's good or not. Those angles look really steep to me on the ball joints.

01Konvict knows more than I do about these suspensions but I think you need to get those UCA's ASAP and maybe weld the droop stops back in.
I read that it's common to remove the bump stops with a lift. You are right though. The ballpoints are probably past their max. I'm definitely going to order the uca's asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be. Like I said I'm not as knowledgeable with these suspensions as a few other guys on here haha.

I got a big lesson in how difficult they can be recently replacing all my autoride components with the Bilsteins.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
It's all good man. I will say those front wheels got sucked in a lot on that lift. I'd consider some small hubcentric spacers or different offeet wheels.

The front is 1/4" wider each side than rear when at stock height, this changes when lowered or raised by going out or in. Wheel spacers are fine and I run BORA brand 1.25" on my rear to even up with front.

I think I'll order a set. Maybe they will get here before I get my new tires. Thanks for the idea. I think it will look great too

For your stock wheels I would run some 1.5" spacers and don't trim the numbs off. The numbs can fit inside recessed area on wheels. If you do 1" spacers you will be cutting into the middle of the threads. Max smallest spacer to run is 1.25" and that is at the edge of threads. Also your angles look really maxed! Some lift companies say to cut droop but not ones that are maxed over stock range. You need lift UCAs if your going to keep it that high or at 2.5". I would drop back down to 2.5" to save life on LCAs and CVs.

OP
OP
mdhawk

mdhawk

Reaction score
The front is 1/4" wider each side than rear when at stock height, this changes when lowered or raised by going out or in. Wheel spacers are fine and I run BORA brand 1.25" on my rear to even up with front.

For your stock wheels I would run some 1.5" spacers and don't trim the numbs off. The numbs can fit inside recessed area on wheels. If you do 1" spacers you will be cutting into the middle of the threads. Max smallest spacer to run is 1.25" and that is at the edge of threads. Also your angles look really maxed! Some lift companies say to cut droop but not ones that are maxed over stock range. You need lift UCAs if your going to keep it that high or at 2.5". I would drop back down to 2.5" to save life on LCAs and CVs.
Thanks man. You saved me a lot of research and headaches. I was thinking about the 1" spacers but I'm gonna order 1.5". If I keep it at 3" in front, is the uca the only thing I need to have it done right? Or would you recommend other parts replaced too? It's my first lift so I wasn't sure what to expect.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Thanks man. You saved me a lot of research and headaches. I was thinking about the 1" spacers but I'm gonna order 1.5". If I keep it at 3" in front, is the uca the only thing I need to have it done right? Or would you recommend other parts replaced too? It's my first lift so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Yeah dude no problem. Get hub centric and not cheap ones. I would get a full 3.5" kit or drop to 2.5" but if you keep it at 3" only thing you can do to is uppers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510