Current projects...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMW468

Reaction score
Sweet ride!! After doing an 8 year resto-mod build on my 69 Camaro, I swore I'd never touch a wrench again. Then I decided I needed more HP so the mildly built 427 came out and a 575HP 496 stroker big block went in.

I'm now officially "done" with the build but we both know you're NEVER done.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet ride!! After doing an 8 year resto-mod build on my 69 Camaro, I swore I'd never touch a wrench again. Then I decided I needed more HP so the mildly built 427 came out and a 575HP 496 stroker big block went in.

I'm now officially "done" with the build but we both know you're NEVER done.

easier to just call it...

done for this weekend
or
done for this stage

;) lol

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 53 belair project... was a botched lowrider I have been saving and turning around back into a drivable hotrod...

View attachment 223499 View attachment 223495 View attachment 223496

My driver.... 56 dodge pickup...… NEVER finished but always rolling 10 years on the road this year.....

View attachment 223497

And a good friends 51 Mercury...… Photo says it all....

View attachment 223498

Just figured I would share whats up in my world other than my little ole 12 burb....

Very cool - thanks for taking the time to post. ANY UPDATES??

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool - thanks for taking the time to post. ANY UPDATES??
DId a fake bare metal roof paint job, turned out pretty good, got most of the bugs worked out, need to build a fan shroud soon since temps are rising, not overheating but need it for adding ac. Swapped out my roached drivers door for a better one, swapping all that stainless trim aint no *****. 6 hrs of work didnt snap a photo, but its all there. Made a pcv baffle on these un baffled valve covers. Pretty simple and works great for PCV on vintage valve covers.

53-18.jpg

Roof work.
base of flat black, 53-19.jpg 53-20.jpg
then gave it the gusto.

53-21.jpg 53-22.jpg

Installed Hood springs, this car is a accident waiting to happen for hood springs, so worked smarter, stretched the spring with the floor jack, inserted washers in the spring and then installed, pull down the hood pull the washers out. Pretty cool old timer trick better than trying to expand a spring 2" with bars that may slip.

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More random pics. Restored steering wheel, road pic. Just good times so far. Had to do a lil rework on the exhaust due to hitting the rear end, so re ran it under the axle. Works fine.

53-10.jpg 53-14.jpg 53-15.jpg 53-16.jpg 53-17.jpg

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So been a while since I updated anyone... So sold the 53, bought a Model a last year... built it, drove it sold it, bought another model a, building it right now.. So Here we are with the timeline starting at the 53...

53-30.jpg

The 31 Model A Before, This was a Flathead V8 swapped car that someone did a long time ago, car drove great, mechanical brakes and all...

31-2.jpg

After 31-01.jpg

Sold that then bought this 1930 coupe..
This is going to be a Late 1930s Hotrod, 4 banger hopped up, Mechanical Brakes etc...

coupe 2.jpg

COUPE 41.jpg

So this was before the Stock Orig Motor decided to eat its bearings, so its now apart again, has a new motor in it now... the stock A motor was 40 hp from factory, this is around 95 hp... Big jump for a 1800 lb car.

End of the Day I liked all 3 of these cars, probably the best one for comfort and style out of the last 2 years so far was the 1953 bel air... But I do love my Model A,s just for fun cars for sure...

Figured I would share some of the insanity of building rides here.... Maybe this will make some sense as to why I swap daily drivers out alot, When I get unsatisfied, I either change things up majorly or sell and buy something else or build something else...
Life is too short to only enjoy 1 vehicle, since I dont have a 120 car garage then I will keep selling and buying to hopefully own and drive 1 of each that I have loved or wanted to own...

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some more from the memory books...

Best Build to date...
Started from here...
start 1931.jpg
Ended up here.

1931 Ford.jpg
+
My 1954 Buick I had to sell to fund this project...
buick2.jpg

Then after the Insanity of the Bagged Sedan I wanted something stock for a while..
Unrestored 1929 Coupe, was fun but was too nice to do anything with...

IMG_0251.JPG

This barely scratches the surface of the collection I have either built or saved... Some honorable mentions on the ones that didnt get built and sold to fund all this madness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo