Cruise Control Stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickCG01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

In need of some info; cruise control stopped working on my 2003 Z71 Tahoe. Upon reading other forums, I first checked the brake lights (two side tails and center high mount), all brake lights work. Then moved onto checking the CRUISE and BRAKE 10A fuses. Those check ok. Next went to the Brake Light Switch and the Multifunction turn signal/wiper/cruise lever. I replaced both the brake light switch and the lever. I noticed when I turn the cruise on and push the set button on the end of the lever, no cruise light appears on the instrument cluster at first, BUT, when I press the cruise button repeatedly, I see the cruise light flicker in sync with my repeated button pressing. I feel what engages the cruise control isn’t latching to be enabled. Anyone have any thoughts what it could be?

All help is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
NickCG01

NickCG01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fixed it! My truck is tuned with a BullyDog GT tuner. Decided to check DTCs with it. (A day after I replaced the brake light switch and multifunction turn signal lever). It read a P1574 DTC. (Related to the brake light switch). Cleared the code and my cruise control works again. Hope this helps anyone that’s having trouble after replacing the brake light switch, check for any codes afterwards and clear them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900