Cruise control problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Same thing happened to my obs, I recommend checking the harness too as I had to replace both

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

work_truck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hopefully this will resolve my issue, like others mine worked and then all of a sudden stopped.
Seems like an easy fix. Hopefully this will resolve my cruise control issue.
Jr, I'm going to climb under there tomorrow, I'll snap a few pics for yah.

Just did this on my 08. Super easy fix. Only 10 bucks from amazon too. I took the old one apart to see how it worked and you can see how they fail

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did this on my 08. Super easy fix. Only 10 bucks from amazon too. I took the old one apart to see how it worked and you can see how they fail

Would you happen to have a link to the part you ordered? I've been needing to do this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jr,
Here's a couple of pics of it. Basically the same shot but ones a little closer. Its held on by one bolt. A very simple swap. I'm going to AZ now to grab one.

1-brakeswitch_zps1946cab0.jpg

1-brakeswitch_zps3b0c5b89.jpg

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a question = How does that connector come off of the brake pedal assembly?
I took out the 10mm bolt, removed the clip and I'm stumped. I don't want to brake anything so I figured I'd ask before doing so, ha.

Thanks

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a type of spring clip. You do need to pry/pop it off and getting it back on can be a little tricky.