Crazy Issues Advent OGM-1 and Addictive Audio Helllppp!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polkayman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay here is a run down of my current audio setup:

Advent OGM-1 Headunit
Addictive Audio Elite Mids and Highs (6.5 in each door, 6 Tweeters, and a 3 Inch Midbass fiberglassed into each Front Pillar)
Addictive Audio 10.4 Four Channel Running all of this
(4) Addictive Audio 10.2V2 Subs
Addictive Audio 200.1 running the 4 10 Inch Subs.
5 Monitors including 4 Headrest and the Overhead Factory Unit with Video Amplifier
2) Battery Setup Under the hood.

So here is my issues any help would be greatly appreciated:

1. Lots of Engine noise RCA's are ran down the other side of the truck away from all of my other wires and it still sounds like my truck has a super charger on it.

2.Cannot get video to play from my 2nd Gen Ipod Touch, I have the J Link cable and I get sound but no video when trying to play videos from my ipod the unit play DVDs fine. All connections are secure in the media link which is mounted in the center console.

3.My mids and highs amp plays for a little while the music goes all hay wire and then finally it cuts out, bass amps continues to pound away. Factory Amp is bypassed and all new speaker wires are run into each door. Had diagnostics ran on my Electrical System and everything checks out okay.

Does my truck have Gremlins?????::hmmm2:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Does the Advent OGM-1 Headunit have RCA outputs or are you using a LOC? Have you tried using a brand new RCA and just temporarily running it from he front to the back? Do you still have the bad engine noise?

2. Isn't there a setting on some iPods for video out that you have to switch to? You can do audio out and/or audio & video out?

3. This kinda goes back to my first question. Are you using a LOC or does the Advent OGM-1 Headunit have RCAs out? Chances are this is an amp issue, and could also be causes the engine noise. Have you swapped out this amp with another amp just to test it?

coolchuck

maybe Escalade bound?
Reaction score
Have you checked the ground connections on your amps? They should be connected to bare metal on the chassis.

OP
OP
polkayman

polkayman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I appreciate all of the suggestions fellas but I de-installed all of my equipment gonna do an entire custom build going with all JL Audio, a Kenwood Headunit, and an Audison Bit 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz