Covering up the Holes - what did you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackDogBrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for ideas.

My PPV has one hole on each side, up near the headlines where the side blue and red's were.
about 3/4" hole.

My tahoe is white, so a simple plug in there is going to be noticeable.

eventually, I might try my hand at filling and painting, but that's probably next year for sure.

In the meantime, any ideas on a reasonable cover that isn't too tacky?
is there a simple white sticker anyone uses?

or has anyone mounted a turn signal to cover the hole?

Thanks in advance for the ideas

FS1494053.JPEG

Last edited:

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its exact 3/4" you should find a ton of options online. Event a conduit plug painted to match would blend ok

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Popped the plugs out, and replaced them with antennas. I ordered new ones for the Tahoe, found a friend at a department who sent me old take-offs for our Caprice.

You can just see the white antenna in the center of the roof here:

TahoeatJan17solo1-vi.jpg

Last edited:

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
The only thing I had to cover up on the lower side was where the push bumper wrap arounds bolted through the bumper cover. My SSV is gloss black so I went on ebay and got a sample sheet of gloss black vinyl wrap for a couple bucks. They sent a square foot sheet but I only needed to cut out a couple of small squares. You should easily be able to find a gloss white. It's peel and stick but it works pretty well. Mine has been on for over two years now. It stands up to car washed and road dirt. If it gets rough looking I'll just cut another piece. It's hard to notice unless you are standing right on top of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE