Confused?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If you truly want the most durable beast you can find, I'd have to say the '08-'13 2500 trucks. The 6.0 motor is going to easily be the most durable, and no AFM! And probably the easiest to service, since everything under the body has been around since about 2000.

I've beaten the ever-living snot out of my '08 2500 for almost 5 years. Bought it in 2013 with 100k on the clock. It's now up to 175k, and is still PERFECT. Not counting maintenance and tires, I've spent a sum total of $23 in repairs on it - bad purge valve solenoid I replaced myself. I've logged well over 20k miles pulling trailers well over 7,000 lbs all over the country. I drive it like I stole it, and haven't even had to replace the brake pads yet.

It's a 3LT trim level, so it has all the options - quad heated seats, bose, nav, backup camera/sensors, power tumbling middle row seats, sunroof, rear DVD video. Oh, and it'll pull an 8600-lb trailer into the Rockies, too. While carrying 7 passengers. Think of Conan the Barbarian wearing a tux.

Some of our greatest hits...
KMx20D9.jpg

LHJtKVY.jpg

M3b1R3W.jpg

Running the "Ike Gauntlet" up 11,000 feet in elevation with a 7,000-lb trailer...
H2EL8bV.jpg

EnXnu0J.jpg

My son did this...
6N9dcdT.jpg
Wow, trans was up to 241. Isn't that a little high?

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, trans was up to 241. Isn't that a little high?

Not for Dex6. It can handle temps as high as 275° before it starts to break down. The "transmission hot, idle engine" message only comes on at 265°.

I still did to a full trans flush at the dealer after that trip, even though the fluid still looked/smelled pretty good.

OP
OP

04blahnali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is pretty impressive! Whats the difference between the 6.0 from say a 2004 denali and the 2008 2500? I dont do much towing but that is really impressive! It would be good to know for the future.
I think im swinging toward the 07 08 escalade esv. Id like to find the platinum if u could anyone have one of them? Good things or bad things?
Ive also been told that you dont want to buy first year new gens becasue of the problems that need to iron out. Any truth to that statement? Does any one have the nnbs that all color matched no chrome? Been trying to see what that looks like thats my only complaint about thr eskys. A little too much bling.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a build thread on a Platinum that a guy bought that had been stolen and he rebuilt it.
Yup! His wasn’t an esv, but it was a platinum edition and he rebuilt it using all the color matched parts of the premium/Lux trim. It looked pretty rad all stocked painted blacked out parts last I saw. Haven’t seen it in quite some time though.
As much as I love all the added features, and the styling of the 2007-2014 body style Denali XL and the Eskys, I still love my NBS 2006 Denali xl. It’s been an absolute tank for me. Not without problems, as any used vehicle is, but everything has been easily solvable and I’ve added many of the features I wanted. Still working on the remote start thing though! If I were given the option, I’d have a Denali would be my 2006 and have an Escalade ESV would be a 2007-2014 bodystyle and a platinum edition, with all the chrome color matched except for the roof racks. Best of both worlds. Lol. The 6.0 in my Denali has been pretty trouble free and it’s at 108k as of now. I’ve heard many good things on the 6.2L V8, id say if you’re gonna go that route, try and get a 6.2 without the AFM/DOD setup and it will probably be a pretty strong rig!

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is pretty impressive! Whats the difference between the 6.0 from say a 2004 denali and the 2008 2500? I dont do much towing but that is really impressive! It would be good to know for the future.
I think im swinging toward the 07 08 escalade esv. Id like to find the platinum if u could anyone have one of them? Good things or bad things?
Ive also been told that you dont want to buy first year new gens becasue of the problems that need to iron out. Any truth to that statement? Does any one have the nnbs that all color matched no chrome? Been trying to see what that looks like thats my only complaint about thr eskys. A little too much bling.

Personally, I'd avoid the 2007, precisely because they were the first year of the platform.

The LY6 in my Suburban is a Gen IV, primary difference being it has variable valve technology, and a beefier bottom end. The thing is absolutely bulletproof.

I love my 2500 so much, I'm actually considering buying a used 2013 2500 with low mileage, and putting it in storage for when my '08 finally gives up the ghost. The trucks are unicorns, and will be very hard to find in the future.

OP
OP

04blahnali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That real love! I wish i had the extra money for that i would buy a nbs and a nnbs amd just figure it out myself. Anyone know where i can find the thread for the built up platinum? Even tho i prefer the long body's for sure it would still be a good read. Actually if anyone can point me to any good th reads that would be much appreciated. Except for red rocket. I tried modeling my 04 denali xl after his but he left all of us in the dust a couple years ago. The way he does his own work his exactly what im going for righr down to installing the supercharger and cam. Very very impressive.

OP
OP

04blahnali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks i do remember that guy. Havent read it in awhile thanks for the lead. Ill take any others. I cant figure out how to get to build threads on tapatalk and half the time the pics wont show up at all and its real annoying. Ill take any ideas there too.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thanks i do remember that guy. Havent read it in awhile thanks for the lead. Ill take any others. I cant figure out how to get to build threads on tapatalk and half the time the pics wont show up at all and its real annoying. Ill take any ideas there too.

Just use your browser. Our mobile is top notch. No need for apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE