Confused about lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pull battery leads and pull rtd fuse sit for few then you can hook it back and light should be off.

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... thanku man!

Btw, do u feel im giving anything up by losing the air leveler for the nitro shocks

LTXtech.com IS my drug...

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

I just got word. Air stuff is not deleted. Nitros are in the front. Air stuff is in the rear. Its an 02 if that makes a difference.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If obo new you were ok with getting rid of autoride I would of done my 3/5 kitz

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If obo new you were ok with getting rid of autoride I would of done my 3/5 kitz
Well im talkin to him to do the free travel mod for me when i drop it back off.

Air ride is still there. Nitro shocks were just front replacemnts

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

So its still good... is there info on how to adjust the switch for the air ride

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why did he change the front shocks?? Just curious because if you were going to keep rear autoride I'd keep oem fronts on. Many times due to pulling front shocks Rear system will not work correctly. Also now that you pull rtd fuse the air system won't work rught but light will turn off. I'd put oem frint shocks back in and be done with it.

Have they done a lot of these trucks? They should have put resistors in to bypass front kit and will keep rear working and will keep light off

Last edited:
OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt pull it yet.

Replaced cause 120k miles

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

So now what ur saying is there is a switch up front for the rear air ride as well!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How many of these trucks has the shop done? Did they tell you about lights before lowering it? Sorry just upsets me because I hear this a lot then the shops call me asking how to fix it.... I don't understand why shops take on jobs when they don't know what they are doing...

Sorry had to vent but yes what they did will disable the entire system. It's a fault now so u less they put oem shocks backnin or cut wire harness and put in resistor light will stay on and back won't work......or you can remove air rear set up but use belltech sp shocks not any of the nitros. They are not as good at all and I don't touch em.

Last edited:
OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk how many they have done. I have no problem with the learning curve. No need to be upset about it. They do lots of work for me to all my vehicles. They never leave me hang if there is an issue. Just need to make it rightm

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Im sure there was a time EVERY shop, including u... did ur FIRST anything and a learning curve with questiins and mistakes were a part of it.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On autoride suv back in 99 when I did my first 00 I did free install and learned all I could. Just like in any new trucks or suvs or cars I do o don't charge on first install because if something goes wrong don't want customer to be like wtf man.

But anyways back to your truck.

You can do either of these
1. Have them put front oem shocks back in
2. In rear take out stock shocks and replace with belltech sp and pull rtd fuse
3. Splice in resistors on front so system still thinks oem shocks are back in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like there were supposed to be shorter "level ride control rods" that did not come with the kit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahidblack

Latest posts