complete lift options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

possumsquisher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 Z71 Tahoe and have been trying to get the best info I can get. I have 285/75 R17's on it with a little rub. I have a ranchhand frontend replacement summit series that I'm going to put on it and I will need something that will handle the extra weight @ 170lbs. Going to put the rear bumper replacement also 130lbs

1. I was thinking of putting the Ford keys in the front to raise it 3".
Pros vs Cons how will it affect ride, stress cv joint, etc

2 Are new shocks needed? thinking Bilsteins 5100's what length will I need?

3 Rear 1.5" coil spacers. best brand for the buck? metal vs. poly? will
the poly ride smoother and will they last?

4 Will I need new rear shocks?

5 Sway bars Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Also will it need to be realigned? What all will it take?

dms

Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 Z71 Tahoe and have been trying to get the best info I can get. I have 285/75 R17's on it with a little rub. I have a ranchhand frontend replacement summit series that I'm going to put on it and I will need something that will handle the extra weight @ 170lbs. Going to put the rear bumper replacement also 130lbs

1. I was thinking of putting the Ford keys in the front to raise it 3".
Pros vs Cons how will it affect ride, stress cv joint, etc

2 Are new shocks needed? thinking Bilsteins 5100's what length will I need?

3 Rear 1.5" coil spacers. best brand for the buck? metal vs. poly? will
the poly ride smoother and will they last?

4 Will I need new rear shocks?

5 Sway bars Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Also will it need to be realigned? What all will it take?

I am not sure how much higher the Z71 is over stock, but the Pedders 7714 and 7734 coils raise the front and rear stock height approx 30mm, approx 1.2inches. Pedders also has matching dampers, , bump stops, and sway bar bushings to get the OE bars to work better

mike
dms

STEALTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the polys will ride better but they will wear down over time, so your best be is to spent the little extra money on the metal ones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruzic99