coil over conversion installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Preload changes the intial force but not the rate of force increase as it is compressed. I dont know of any stiffer than 1300 bit that doesnt mean they arent there.

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
These pics show the shock tower and how it is still in great shape after 1900 miles with no reinforcement. Also shows how much threads I have run the adjuster nuts up, which was basically as much as I could possibly turn. Idk if its actually maxed out, but my measly 240lb ass couldn't get another 1/4 turn

attachment.php

I am glad you got the time to get these installed. It's hard to tell from this picture, but how are the bushings holding up with your rig's full weight and some mileage on them?

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
What was your shock length at ride height with the springs at this adjustment when you were using the stud top?

These pics show the shock tower and how it is still in great shape after 1900 miles with no reinforcement. Also shows how much threads I have run the adjuster nuts up, which was basically as much as I could possibly turn. Idk if its actually maxed out, but my measly 240lb ass couldn't get another 1/4 turn

attachment.php

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
Idk??? Defintely should have checked, but im gonna switch back this wknd so im not quite so stuffed up in there

lol! If you can check the ride height from the center of the bottom shock bolt to the bottom side of the shock tower I'd owe you one! This would help a few of us who are trying to determine shock length and spring length (7" or 9") :)

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
The shock has its recommended spring length given in its specs, fwiw.

Yes, you're spot-on. :) It looks like my ride height and a DS301 is not ideal for use with a stud-top mount...so I'm trying to make sure that I purchase the right shock/spring combo. I think that the DS303's will be what I need but I'm unsure about the spring length (7" or 9") or where along the shock body the spring will rest at my normal ride height. It's too bad I can't test a set of shocks first.

OP
OP
04blackout

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, took the bushings out yesterday to inspect and they seem to be holding up great! I'm also kinda liking this stuffed look, and THINKING about going to a 285/30/24 and really going low... only problem with that lies in the rear, but maybe I can just drive reeeeal slow lol

Also, fender is sitting right at 32" from the ground now on 305/35/24... thats officially lower than the advertised diameter of the tire

Attachments

• 20140514_163329.jpg
    20140514_163329.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 23

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you're spot-on. :) It looks like my ride height and a DS301 is not ideal for use with a stud-top mount...so I'm trying to make sure that I purchase the right shock/spring combo. I think that the DS303's will be what I need but I'm unsure about the spring length (7" or 9") or where along the shock body the spring will rest at my normal ride height. It's too bad I can't test a set of shocks first.

More then welcome to come down here and check mine out all you want.

Ok guys, took the bushings out yesterday to inspect and they seem to be holding up great! I'm also kinda liking this stuffed look, and THINKING about going to a 285/30/24 and really going low... only problem with that lies in the rear, but maybe I can just drive reeeeal slow lol

Also, fender is sitting right at 32" from the ground now on 305/35/24... thats officially lower than the advertised diameter of the tire

Great to hear. Roughly how many miles you think you put on them?

32 is where im shooting for

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON