code P2135 Throttle Position Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010WhiteHoe

Reaction score
I received this error one very cold morning. You get the reduced power and the truck will only go about 15 - 20 mph. I turned the truck off for about :20 minutes and on re-start no issues, just the engine light. Drove it to work and at lunch time approx. 4 hours later. No problem no engine light. After work I drove by O'reilly's #1 and they said it was the Throttle / Pedal Position Sensor (this is under the dash connected to the gas pedal) part # 19259452 $130.00.

O'reilly's #2 said it was the Throttle Position Sensor (sitting on the side of the actual Throttle Body) $52.00

Mr. WhiteHoe decided to get an $11.00 bottle of Seafoam and treat the gas and $8.00 can of Throttle Body cleaner. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm ALL good for $18.00.

p.s. You can google how to clean throttle body without resetting computer. If I did it anyone can.

#carbonisakilla

Mr. WhiteHoe
2010 Tahoe

OP
OP
2010WhiteHoe

2010WhiteHoe

Reaction score
sooooo yesterday after work, I got the engine light and the reduced power 24 mph for 15 miles later and I kept pulling over to let it reset. I stopped my orielly's a paid the $55.58 and got a good night sleep. I watched the youtube video in the link above, 5 minutes later I was good to go. The idle is much smoother and the throttle response was soooooo much better than before. You can do it!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
sooooo yesterday after work, I got the engine light and the reduced power 24 mph for 15 miles later and I kept pulling over to let it reset. I stopped my orielly's a paid the $55.58 and got a good night sleep. I watched the youtube video in the link above, 5 minutes later I was good to go. The idle is much smoother and the throttle response was soooooo much better than before. You can do it!

So you changed the TPS?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P2135 is the code that tells you that the two TPS sensors are not reading the same. A scan tool or a good guesser will determine which one is out of spec. You seem to be a good guesser.