Cluster repair question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone succesfully REPAIRED their OBS clusters versus REPLACING one?
I know you can replace a faulty one and fix it that way, just seems like a hit or miss proposition.
I see LOTS of folks/companies repairing the NBS clusters.
I sent out some emails this weekend to a few of those same repair sites asking about OBS fuel gauge and temp gauge repair/recalibration; should hear back during the week and I'll post any positive replies.

Just wondering if anyone has actually REPAIRED one or if I'm chasing my own tail here.
Thanks,
Tbruz

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
I had luck with a cluster I found on Ebay. Dude was selling what he called refurbished clusters, and I got lucky enough to get it for $15 w/shipping. I needed the gas gauge to resolve the hummingbird effect/incorrect reading. This guy's gauge cluster was as advertised, even came with a new plastic face cover. I swapped out the gas gauge, and plastic cover on mine and it worked like a charm. I got to enjoy it for a few months before my truck was totaled by a young driver.
I'm not sure if there's still any avail. out there though, best of luck man.

OP
OP
T

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance you could review your Ebay history and find a trail to follow?
Thanks,
T

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapping them isn't too bad and you can get refurbs for low $$$, I got a 6K tach and did white face gauges for about $50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269