clicking relay under column.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crayfysh

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!!!

ok, this is how it started. I hooked up a trailer with my corroded 7pin connector, when i turned on my lights i can hear a relay violently clicking under my column. now it doesnt matter if my lights are on or off, it still happens...

when i start to accelerate the clicking goes away untill i slow to a stop. i replaced the harness figuring that would take care of it and it didnt help. I love my truck and im afraid of an electrical smoke show!!! any help would be great! please reply with lots of questions and i will try to answer all of them with detail!

Thanks alot guys!!! Sunlit, I have faith in you!!! :)

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
moved out of the "Tech Info" since it's for:

Here is where you will find technical write ups on installs and how to's.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Well there is a turn signal relay and drl relay on the inside firewall power block and two circuit breakers on the fuse block inside there is also a door lock relay to the right of the steering column. Door looks doing funny things? Didn't think so. Lights? Didn't think so. Power seats and windows? Didn't think so. Trailer brake control that may be in there, possibly. But given that it is a '99 It is very likely you have the Auto4wd and if so and auto is selected the TCCM maybe be trying to power the tcase actuator? Just a thought. IF you can isolate where it is coming from you can tell almost right away what it is.

OP
OP
crayfysh

crayfysh

Reaction score
everything is working fine in the truck, also both 7pin and 4pins are working fine, i do not have trailer brakes though. we got freezing rain and snow yesterday so i will take a look under the dash today. hopefully i can isolate it. thanks again!