** ** ** CK156 REPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you just order them in black if you were going to do that? :think:

No one has them in black and they said they thought "maybe we'll get some in 2-3 months". I'm impatient and didn't want to wait. Also thinking of a certain shade of black to get them powdercoated.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Is there a trend of OE wheels (particularly the ck156 replicas) riding bad? Hard to balance?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one has them in black and they said they thought "maybe we'll get some in 2-3 months". I'm impatient and didn't want to wait. Also thinking of a certain shade of black to get them powdercoated.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Is there a trend of OE wheels (particularly the ck156 replicas) riding bad? Hard to balance?

Please don't do black wheels.

Yes, but I have heard of only one person that said they don;t balance well.

@NORCAL SS

Last edited by a moderator:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lee...to mention tony in a thread put a space between norcal and ss. You keep jacking it up and I have to keep fixing it for you :slap:

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@goodinblack Why should I not do black wheels? I just got my white Yukon and love the look of black wheels on the white truck.

If these wheels are going to f up my ride, then I won't even mount them. I'll just sell them before I touch them. Should I not even try them?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lee...to mention tony in a thread put a space between norcal and ss. You keep jacking it up and I have to keep fixing it for you :slap:

Sawwy

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

@goodinblack Why should I not do black wheels? I just got my white Yukon and love the look of black wheels on the white truck.

If these wheels are going to f up my ride, then I won't even mount them. I'll just sell them before I touch them. Should I not even try them?

If they make you happy then DO IT :)

Honestly, they may not be bad at all.

Do this..... take them and have them spun without tires to see if they are true.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@goodinblack...So have the tire shop run the wheels in the balancing machine to test them? Is that what you mean by "have them spun"? Never heard of that but I am very tempted to do that. Don't want to waste the money on powdercoating and getting tires mounted and balanced for shit wheels

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@goodinblack...So have the tire shop run the wheels in the balancing machine to test them? Is that what you mean by "have them spun"? Never heard of that but I am very tempted to do that. Don't want to waste the money on powdercoating and getting tires mounted and balanced for shit wheels
Yes have them dry spin them and see if they are true.

Also some seller and OE wheels may not take them back once mounted. Definitely not once coated

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes have them dry spin them and see if they are true.

Also some seller and OE wheels may not take them back once mounted. Definitely not once coated

Thanks for the advice @goodinblack. I apreciate the help!

Also, why do you dislike black wheels so much when your screen name is good in black? ...I do realize that black wheels are everywhere now though

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice @goodinblack. I apreciate the help!

Also, why do you dislike black wheels so much when your screen name is good in black? ...I do realize that black wheels are everywhere now though

I don't hate them at all.....not a look I am fond of anymore. The mostly just disappear on the car for the most part. They also look a size smaller then thy are. Like Black 22s look like 20s.

They just have to be done on the right color scheme. Most people dont do them right..... like leave all the chrome accents with black wheels for instance.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@goodinblack I do see a ton of black wheels around now, but I personally don't think EVERYTHING needs to be blacked out on a car if it has black wheels. My pickup, which is my personal vehicle, does have EVERYTHING blacked out...so I like the look. I just think in certain situations, some chrome trim can actually look good with blacked out wheels.

I agree that black wheels don't really do the wheel size justice. Not everyone is looking to compete in the whole "my wheels are bigger than yours" competition. The super chrome look actually strikes me as 90's style. I think the style now is to not be trying to be so extreme eye catching. Let the style speak for itself rather than bight colors and shiny parts to catch everyone's eye. But hey man, to each their own.

I appreciate your advice and help with checking out the wheels before powdercoating and mounting them. I will definitely be doing that. Much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM