Chrome Wheel Cleaner Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Denali with the "chrome" wheels and I am trying to find out what to use to clean them. Go and my dealer have not been helpful. I do not want to use something too aggressive and damage them. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mildest solution is Nevr Dull. Soft wadding lifts dirt and brake dust. Will not scratch, dries to a haze and buffs out. Then can coat with whatever sealant you want to use. I use it on my wheels and of many other soft applications that need a touch up.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mildest solution is Nevr Dull. Soft wadding lifts dirt and brake dust. Will not scratch, dries to a haze and buffs out. Then can coat with whatever sealant you want to use. I use it on my wheels and of many other soft applications that need a touch up.
Ditto

Jason101

Reaction score
I have the LT Signature Package wheels. Does anyone know if these are coated? What should I be using to clean these? I've never had Chrome wheels before, but know they require special care. I've only had aluminum which I just used a regular Eagle 1 tire cleaner on and never had issues. Pic attached.

wheels.jpg

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the LT Signature Package wheels. Does anyone know if these are coated? What should I be using to clean these? I've never had Chrome wheels before, but know they require special care. I've only had aluminum which I just used a regular Eagle 1 tire cleaner on and never had issues. Pic attached.

View attachment 201507

I have always used simple green, spray it on let sit, break dirt loose with a soft brush or rag, rinse clean, hand dry. I then use Mothers chrome polish if there are any bad spots, next would be a sealant or wax which ever you prefer. I only have to clean them like that a few times a year. Most times I just wash them off with the truck and hit them with detail spray. Always use edgeless microfiber towels. Never had any problems with this method, wheels still look new after 4 years of daily driving.

Jason101

Reaction score
Thanks. I just wasn't sure if these were real chrome or coated. I've never dealt with real chrome before and know you have to be careful what you use. I haven't actually cleaned them with anything by car soap and water as I wanted to be sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darryl251