Chevrolet tahoe Shade cover install & FAQ *looks amazing* improve anti theft..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrunchyBrown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
alright.. if you guys have.. sound sound system.. this will interest you..

i live on the southside of chicago in the ghetto i drive an 04 tahoe z71 26 inch rims.. double din.. full jl audio sound system.. so every now and then going to the store i been cought people trying to look inside my truck.. i have light window tint.. wich works alil but if they peek really close u can see the subwoofers.. so im like.. umm sooner or later these will be gone.. lets make it alil more dificult for them to steal it.. i put a full viper alarm remote start with smart start. its ok but i needed more..

so if you guys dont have the shade cover.. i recomend it..
theres 2 diferent types of cover.. one that is 66" long that fit some tahoes suburban denalis i think if they dont have the jack inside the panel in the rear.. and the 63 inch one wich is the one i needed.. to be safe just measure the lil holes where it mounts and if its around 63-60 u need the shorter one and if its bigger well obviously u need the longer one..

the best place to check its http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=373144&ukey_product=2704747

put your info there... now look at the rpo codes in the description and if they match some of your rpo located in the glovebox or where its your rpo label it will match.. and look for your interior color to match the shade..

so i looked it up.. and mine its the 15051510:

specs: CK1,2(06) LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT COVER/REAR (RYJ); CK1,2(06) LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT COVER/REAR (YE9); (SHADE,LUGG(NEUTRAL)(FOR USE W/3RD ROW SEAT FOLDED DOWN OR RMVD). Required: 01
For: CK157(06) (52I),(EXC R/SEAT(AS3) (2003-2003) (2003 - 2003).
For: CK157(06) COMFORT & CONVENIENCE PKG #3(YE9),(52I),(EXC R/SEAT(AS3) (2001-2002) (2001 - 2002).
For: CK157(06) RETRACTABLE CARGO CVR(RYJ),(52I),(EXC R/SEAT(AS3) (2004-2005) (2004 - 2005). )

because my truck is a ck157(06) it has the 52i interior color pattern as in the glove box..

so that was it... first of all dont buy it new since its alil costly around 250 on some dealer.. you can buy it used.. my suggestions is hitting ebay and even if the color looks the same theres chance that u need the longer one or the shorter one so message them for the lenght..
In my case i searched the part number on google.. and i ended up with a craiglist ad from portland.. it was the very part that i was looking for.. so contact him.. and we agreed on the deal.. in the end i ended up paying 115 with shipping. so dont get ripped off..

heres the results:

5fbcb28f.jpg
2b577c47.jpg
2cefc710.jpg
391e161c.jpg

hope you find this useful.. trust me if you have car audio its worth it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900