Chasing Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do crank sensor learns do magic on the ls engines like they do for the 3800 world? seen doing one fix a lot of crappy running engines over the last 10 years. all had misfires.

could be the crank or cam sensor, or the harness to one or both.

try scanning the truck running after its been misfiring, if you shut it off a pending code will clear. might have a hidden code you just have not seen yet.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Ok so the compression is good. I have also used a noid light to check the injector. Its firing correctly. I am running out of options......

I'm with Don on this one. Check the coil packs wiring harness that he posted about earlier.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not checked the new harness but it has been replaced.

if the harness is new, and it didnt fix the issue, id say its good.

might need a crank learn, some times the 3800 would set a code for it, but they always seemed to run ok. then the times they dont set a code and misfire and crap the crank learn fixes em right up.

need a tuner (hpt or efi live), or a tech 2 or the likes to do the crank learn. crazy but it takes all of 1 minute to do tops. you just set up the tuner to do a learn then e brake on, stand on the foot brake, in park and floor it to the rev limiter and let off. and its done lol

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the harness is new, and it didnt fix the issue, id say its good.

might need a crank learn, some times the 3800 would set a code for it, but they always seemed to run ok. then the times they dont set a code and misfire and crap the crank learn fixes em right up.

need a tuner (hpt or efi live), or a tech 2 or the likes to do the crank learn. crazy but it takes all of 1 minute to do tops. you just set up the tuner to do a learn then e brake on, stand on the foot brake, in park and floor it to the rev limiter and let off. and its done lol

We can do that Andy if you want.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
James, don't I know it. Next year is my 50th high school reunion and I am dreading seeing who has passed. My American Legion is slimming down as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10