Change Factory Radio and Keep Rear DVD 04 XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerandpooh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased an 04 Denali XL and was hoping to change the dash unit while maintaining the rear dvd system. Possible? Are they connected or independent? I'm changing the radio to get BT, MP3 and a backup cam.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IF your OE radio was the source of activating RSE (by hitting the source button) you can use this harness. If activation was somewhere else like the rear controls, then no you can't

Meta GMOS-014 - GM Onstar/ RSE/ and retain the warning chimes module

The GMOS-014 is designed to retain Onstar/ Rear seat entertainment (RSE)/ and retain the warning chimes that are normally lost when the OEM radio is removed. It also provides a 12 volt accessory output for aftermarket radio operation.
The GMOS-014 provides a mute/ parking brake/ vss or speed sense and reverse output to make installing an aftermarket navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.

OP
OP
H

homerandpooh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IF your OE radio was the source of activating RSE (by hitting the source button) you can use this harness. If activation was somewhere else like the rear controls, then no you can't

Meta GMOS-014 - GM Onstar/ RSE/ and retain the warning chimes module

The GMOS-014 is designed to retain Onstar/ Rear seat entertainment (RSE)/ and retain the warning chimes that are normally lost when the OEM radio is removed. It also provides a 12 volt accessory output for aftermarket radio operation.
The GMOS-014 provides a mute/ parking brake/ vss or speed sense and reverse output to make installing an aftermarket navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.

Great, I install this in conjunction with the aftermarket radio and I'm set. Thanks!

levilarsen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's completely possible with the right radio, I have a Kenwood ddx and I just ran the wires for audio from the DVD player to the RCA wires on the stereo. it's made for that or an auxiliary cord but sense I don't use aux often I just hooked up my DVD player

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper