Ceramic vs. Stainless

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to finally pull trigger on some Long tube headers. WHat do you guys recommend on Pacesetter 1-3/4 silver ceramic coated headers and y-pipe or Texas-Speed 1-3/4 304 Stainless steel headers.
I hear the ceramic coated will reduce engine bay heat and reduce risk of ruining other wiring and components. The ones I found are close in price. :confused:

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't want to wrap. My real concern is will the ceramic coated ones last or will the rust? I live in Central Tx. so I'm not sure rust is a great issue but never know.
I guess I could buy the Stainless and have them coated with Jet-hot but I wonder what that would cost or is it even worth it.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont understand why you would want to wrap them.
I am in houston and have had zero issues even with wrapped ATV headers that got dunked in creek water multiple times a week.

But go for the ceramic coated, they will hold up just fine.

buzzsaw714

Reaction score
Why do you not want to wrap them? I live in texas and have had mine on for 4 years. Checked them just 6 months ago and nothing is rusting. It keeps your engine bay heat down, increases the performance, and protects wires from melting.. Well worth the money in the long run. If I could go back in time I would get them ceramic coated and wrap them too.

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
i must say, im with ez on this one. buy the pacesetter's ceramic coated and wrap them. as soon as i get home im doing that exact set up.

buzzsaw714

Reaction score
i must say, im with ez on this one. buy the pacesetter's ceramic coated and wrap them. as soon as i get home im doing that exact set up.

one experience I know of on pacesetter ceramic is a buddy of mine who got them brand new out of the box and could chip it off with his thumb nail.. so im not sure on the quality of their product. they fit fine and sounded good but paying extra for ceramic u want it to stick always

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
what would be better. buy headers already ceramic coated or buy stainlees and have then powder coated? whats the difference between ceramic and powder coat?

lowexpo

Reaction score
One of the best coatings in my opinion is JetHot sterling, it holds up visually over time as well. If you wrap a coated header it will "bake" the coating off the header because the coating is designed to disiprate heat. The wrap doesn't allow this. Get headers raw and have a quality coating put on.

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the best coatings in my opinion is JetHot sterling, it holds up visually over time as well. If you wrap a coated header it will "bake" the coating off the header because the coating is designed to disiprate heat. The wrap doesn't allow this. Get headers raw and have a quality coating put on.

Yes I heard wrap will void any warranty on headers. Ceramic coating is somewhat costly from what I was quoted. I like the thought of the durability the Stainless provides and all though Pacesetter is only coated on the outside but, I hear good things on their headers. I think I maybe going with them.

Attachments

• GetAttachment[1].jpg
    GetAttachment[1].jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 32

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts