center console harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually no, I was talking about the 12V wire (it's sort of an accessory wire, it always carries 12V)

Here's a pic of it, it's the one under the carpet, near the roll over sensor.

Ron

View attachment 192874

Yea thats the same one in my pic just a different angle. Here's the front of it:

IMG_8422.jpg

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to use this one to supply power to the cigs. I'll just get rid of the plug and use two different plugs for a quick disconnect if I need to remove the console in the future.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GM OEM Navigation Radio I installed, sees when the car is in reverse I noticed.
(I guess it is time for a camera, once I have the audio going)

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the Tahoe for a spin yesterday, to 'test' the navigation system. It doesn't seem to know it's location around my house (I do have the OEM antenna installed in the factory location under the dash. Maybe old software?)

When driving, it doesn't seem to update the display, and it doesn't give directions. Only when a route is entered and you press "go/start" It says "go to the highlighted road".
When stopping, it does update the display, but while driving it doesn't.

I was told by the company that re-programmed the radio, that it is supposed to work with an amp, but that it will work as is, except the volume would be lower. I noticed that when playing the radio.

Also, you almost can't hear the door chimes, warnings, "directional lights" etc, I guess that might be related.

So I guess I either install an aftermarket amp and forget about the rear audio or find the harness that connects the 'center console harness' to the dash/radio. (I see harnesses on ebay, but those are all the one from the console itself, not the one that goes to the front.

(btw, the upgrade is somewhat expensive, and I wonder if it is worth the money. The Nav-Radios are nice, but even used are expensive. reprogramming is $125 (but guaranteed to work) The conversion harness to connect the radio to the existing basic radio harness was $75.)

I'll keep this updated if I make any progress

Ron

Update: Apparently the Navigation system REALLY needs to see the "speed sensor" I guess that way it knows it is moving (*frown* I guess it could have done that with the GPS antenna?) Anyway, it seems the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) triggers display updates. So that part seems to be working now. Right now it seems to be confused about my address, with the vehicle in my drive way, and telling it to go to my address .. it thinks it is on the other side of town. Either old maps, or it's somewhat confused.

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645