center console harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking into making the rear audio work, even though not obviously simple, I think it very well might be possible.
The console has the Bose amplifier in it, and the wiring harness to hook up the back. the "back harness" is also plugged into amplifier and a big connector is dangling in the console.

Here are two pics, of the connector and plug that I fished out of the center console.

The donor vehicle, for the console, is a 2011 Silverado. (I am trying to get the VIN from the guy that sold me the console.)
The plugs don't really have any markings or part numbers. The big plug says "6 Delphi" and "PA66" but I think those are just generic markings for the plug.

If anyone has any ideas about what part it is, please let me know.

Ron

I added a picture of what it needs to hook up in the console.

IMG_20180210_111841884.jpg IMG_20180210_111850396.jpg IMG_20180210_164458426.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the Tahoe for a spin yesterday, to 'test' the navigation system. It doesn't seem to know it's location around my house (I do have the OEM antenna installed in the factory location under the dash. Maybe old software?)

When driving, it doesn't seem to update the display, and it doesn't give directions. Only when a route is entered and you press "go/start" It says "go to the highlighted road".
When stopping, it does update the display, but while driving it doesn't.

I was told by the company that re-programmed the radio, that it is supposed to work with an amp, but that it will work as is, except the volume would be lower. I noticed that when playing the radio.

Also, you almost can't hear the door chimes, warnings, "directional lights" etc, I guess that might be related.

So I guess I either install an aftermarket amp and forget about the rear audio or find the harness that connects the 'center console harness' to the dash/radio. (I see harnesses on ebay, but those are all the one from the console itself, not the one that goes to the front.

(btw, the upgrade is somewhat expensive, and I wonder if it is worth the money. The Nav-Radios are nice, but even used are expensive. reprogramming is $125 (but guaranteed to work) The conversion harness to connect the radio to the existing basic radio harness was $75.)

I'll keep this updated if I make any progress

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ron C how are you running power to the console for the cigs?

There is a 12V cable, with a plug that doesn't go anywhere, probably coiled up under the 'carpet'. I basically made a simple harness. What I did is cut the leads of from the lighters (they have these tricky connectors) and soldered them to a wire that I connected o that plug/wire. I also spliced it for powering my CB.

Fish around the roll over sensor, it's the square-ish box on the floor, between the seat. Mine came out around that, near the front driverside corner of it.

That wire actually works, it's probably the only accessory wire (at least with easy access) in the vehicle, everything else power is switched on by the cars computer pretty much (after reading up) I have a pic in a previous post somewhere, else I'll post one when I get home)

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on "connecting a Nav-Radio head unit, to an existing Bose amp, with rear Audio to the car's harness"

It seems there might be a solution, but it probably (more than likely) means replacing an instrument panel harness, and I don't know how much fun that is.

I ran into (online) a GM 'guy' that seems to know something about that. I'll let you know once I know more.

Ron

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is under the dash, drivers side to left and slighty above brake pedal. Auto manufacturers give upfitters a place to grab keyed power, constant power, retained accessory power, ground etc. use a probe to double check what is what tho....just an fyi guys...
799915D4-4144-4210-9A4A-94ED8263B211.png B7E7CD65-5B42-4483-B4E4-0B2C8BF8F2F8.jpeg

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is under the dash, drivers side to left and slighty above brake pedal. Auto manufacturers give upfitters a place to grab keyed power, constant power, retained accessory power, ground etc. use a probe to double check what is what tho....just an fyi guys...
View attachment 192832 View attachment 192833

Thanks for the info, I'm actually using one of these already. I think I tapped into the IGN pin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2