catalytic converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melmikulak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
CAT not the problem - computer was!

Ugh - so after spending about $1500+ on trying to get my damn CATs to work so I could smog my Yukon, we figured out it wasn't the CATs at all... the problem was a $100 part in the computer system that was reading everything incorrectly.

Something to consider when this falls your way.

07Denali805

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys- new to the forum here but I'm bumping this up from the dead because I need cats for 07 Yukon Denali.

They started rattling a few weeks and now sound like shit and are embarrassing...I'm in California BTW.

Any advice on which ones to get for my application? They must be CARB legal. If this has been covered let me know, I tried searching the forum as well.

Thanks

sefiro

Reaction score
No aftermarket oem direct fit CARB available. Magnaflow makes a pair of universal fit that can be installed in place of the existing pair via cut and weld on the existing y pipe.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys- new to the forum here but I'm bumping this up from the dead because I need cats for 07 Yukon Denali.

They started rattling a few weeks and now sound like shit and are embarrassing...I'm in California BTW.

Any advice on which ones to get for my application? They must be CARB legal. If this has been covered let me know, I tried searching the forum as well.

Thanks

Get underneath and make sure it's not a heat shield that has popped loose. Seen it time and time again... just don't want you to dish out any cash you don't need to.

The shields hug the cats very snug on the top side so don't think you don't have them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9