Can the blend door go out of whack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the problem guys...

A while back, the one link fell off one of the blend doors...It was the upper one closest to the dash. I reached up in there (very tight fit) and tried to put it back on. I did get it on, but since then, it seems as though I get hardly any floor heat, and minimal defrost. Most all of it seems to want to come out of the dash AC vents... I was wondering if by some chance that i installed it wrong. Anyone have any thoughts?

I have since replaced the actuator motor and the main controller. This is driving me to drink...lol

Thanks!

Shawn

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple answer.. Yes. If you didn't get the door actuator installed in the exactly same position as the old one, IE, gear for gear or tooth for tooth. You will have some issues. People come into the parts store where I work with this same issue a lot. But from the way you describe, sounds like the actuator isn't moving much if at all.

OP
OP
95BlackTahoe

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple answer.. Yes. If you didn't get the door actuator installed in the exactly same position as the old one, IE, gear for gear or tooth for tooth. You will have some issues. People come into the parts store where I work with this same issue a lot. But from the way you describe, sounds like the actuator isn't moving much if at all.

The actuator seems to be moving just fine. I was thinking that when that one link fell off and i reached up and put it back on, if it could possibly have moved around before i re-installed it, thus not being in the proper position to begin with...

Shawn

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The actuator seems to be moving just fine. I was thinking that when that one link fell off and i reached up and put it back on, if it could possibly have moved around before i re-installed it, thus not being in the proper position to begin with...

Shawn

Yeah, I'm willing to bet that's probably going to be the problem. Only other thing I can think of is the blend door actually broke, and yes, that DOES happen. You wouldn't know it was broken unless you actually pulled the box apart.

Best of luck, hope its just a actuator link miss located..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21RST