Camera Source video in motion unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it installed tonight. Little more info than posted above.

Yes, it's fairly easy, plug and play and it works. Here is the direct link on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018F3I7B2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Key points:

-I used this as a basic guide for taking the dash apart. If you follow steps 1-4, you will have it opened enough to install http://www.metraonline.com/files/products/INST99-3015G_web.pdf
-Getting the center console cover off was a *****. Like took me 25 minutes and I almost gave up multiple times because I was sure I was going to break the plastic. I don't really have any good tips here. Not easy. But once you get it off the rest is simple.
-The radio brain has a plug already connected to it. The harness this thing comes with has an end with a very similar plug and a female connector. Then it also has a connector/plug that goes to the box itself. Install is super simple. Take the male connector out of the radio brain, plug it into the female connector on the unlock box and plug the male connector from the unlock box harness into the radio brain. Make sure your other plug/connector is plugged into the unlock box and that's it. I taped it down to the floor of whatever is below the console cover/cupholders. Put everything back together and that was that.
-You have to hit the rear defrost button twice to activate the in motion unlock. Little message pops up on the radio screen. Confirm and bingo, it works.
-Text messages do not appear on the screen for me. It seems to be dependent on your phone. I have an S7.

Those steps in that metra link you attached are right on. Nice find! The console wasn't that bad for on mine. I just used a 90 degree trim tool and popped the back up (under the console lid) and then you pull it towards the rear of the vehicle. BE EXTRA CAREFUL to tape the aluminum bezel around the HVAC controls as that console trim has metal razor blade clips that will scratch the heck out of it if you don't protect it.

white15

Reaction score
Installed mine tonight! So far so good, everything works like its supposed to. I'm glad hosseface recommended to tape the silver trim, I could see how it would get scratched! Now I just need to find out what file types the navigation will play via usb/SD Card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bos7414