Camber Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJMB337

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did a spring drop on my 15 Yukon. When doing the allignment, they said they got the camber as close as they could, but something was maxed out, and that I would need something to get it back into spec. The insides of the front tires are wearing crazy fast, so I want to get this fixed ASAP. Any idea what 'something' may be? This all happened a while back and I cant remember what they said I would need to change. TIA

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a spring drop on my 15 Yukon. When doing the allignment, they said they got the camber as close as they could, but something was maxed out, and that I would need something to get it back into spec. The insides of the front tires are wearing crazy fast, so I want to get this fixed ASAP. Any idea what 'something' may be? This all happened a while back and I cant remember what they said I would need to change. TIA

How much drop? @iamdub @Doug118

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics of the vehicle in question, looks good!

IMG_5859.jpgIMG_5565.jpg

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score

easiest way is to get rid of the drop springs. Thats by far the worst way to drop the front of these trucks. Get spindles instead and you won’t have any issues.

If you insist on the drop spring, Moog makes an offset upper control arm bushing that you can put in your stock arms

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See post #364

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As 89 said- How much drop?

As Doug said- Get rid of the springs and get spindles for 2" of the drop and springs for the remainder of what you want if it's more than 2". This way, your eccentrics won't be maxed out and will have more room for adjustment as they'll only be adjusting for 1". Spindles lower without affecting the suspension the same way springs, struts or lower control arms do. So you wanna do the minimum of your drop with those methods. Did they give you a printout of how much it's out? The Belltech eccentrics (AKA "cams") allow an additional 1° of adjustment over the stock ones. I think the Rough Country ones do 1.5°. Confirm this before proceeding. I have spindles and struts totaling 3.5" and still have room in my Belltech cams for more adjustment. My tires have been wearing perfectly since I did my alignment about ~40K miles ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DJMB337

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As 89 said- How much drop?

As Doug said- Get rid of the springs and get spindles for 2" of the drop and springs for the remainder of what you want if it's more than 2". This way, your eccentrics won't be maxed out and will have more room for adjustment as they'll only be adjusting for 1". Spindles lower without affecting the suspension the same way springs, struts or lower control arms do. So you wanna do the minimum of your drop with those methods. Did they give you a printout of how much it's out? The Belltech eccentrics (AKA "cams") allow an additional 1° of adjustment over the stock ones. I think the Rough Country ones do 1.5°. Confirm this before proceeding. I have spindles and struts totaling 3.5" and still have room in my Belltech cams for more adjustment. My tires have been wearing perfectly since I did my alignment about ~40K miles ago.

Theyre 2" drop springs. I had heard spindles were the way to go, but I knew how to do springs myself. Lesson learned I guess.

OP
OP
D

DJMB337

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I found the belltech front camber bushings. Would I be okay with just getting those... or should I find a set of stock springs and get spindles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo