cam swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roy02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im looking to cam my stock 02 yukon and i want to go as big as i can without doing any head work i've dont some reserch and i keep getting mixed answers plz help :emotions133:

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im lookin into doin the same thing in my 02 tahoe
if you mean head work as in changin out yer valve springs valves pushrods lifters rocker arms and all that stuff its a good idea to change all that out no matter what size you get when you swap out yer cam bear minimum you gotta change yer lifters and pushrods are you wanting to go with a flat tappet cam or a roller cam also a higher stall torque conveter is a must if your going for that deep loping cam

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a comp cam .607/.614 219/227 112LSA that was awesome with my OEM converter. And freaking amazing with a 3000 stall converter.

I have headers, exhaust, no cats, CAI, under drive pulley, and a Blackbear tune.

You will have to change your valve spring no matter what cam you go with. If you go with a .600 lift you need double springs.

There are companies that have cam kits. or you can piece it together like I did. I paid about $1000 for cam parts, fluids, and gaskets.

OP
OP
Roy02

Roy02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok thats what i thought and yes jbell25 t is stock and is my daily driver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07