Cam - Great for 5.3 or 4.8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

axekick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this cam off a guy on PT and put it in my 6.0. It's a strong cam but I need something a little bigger. I don't know how many miles are on it since I bought it used but it's working great in my DD now. Its a comp grind and I have the comp box that it came in with the specs on it. I'll post a picture of that later. Its a 212/216 .55x/.55x on 114 lsa. I'll ship it to you for $220.

I will be pulling it after it's sold but I'll still be able to get it out within a few days no problem.

jszklany

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cam

Can't PM since i'm a new member but i'm interested in the cam if it's still available.

shoot me some contact info so we can work out details!

J

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this cam off a guy on PT and put it in my 6.0. It's a strong cam but I need something a little bigger. I don't know how many miles are on it since I bought it used but it's working great in my DD now. Its a comp grind and I have the comp box that it came in with the specs on it. I'll post a picture of that later. Its a 212/216 .55x/.55x on 114 lsa. I'll ship it to you for $220.

I will be pulling it after it's sold but I'll still be able to get it out within a few days no problem.

How did you like the cam on the 6.0? I have been thinking about doing it... Was there a noticeable difference?

I see you had 4.30's as well installed... I have the AWD< but I hear that makes a HUGE difference as well... I am trying to get my low end... How were the gears for you?

OP
OP
axekick

axekick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get away with a much bigger cam in a 6.0. Or stay small and get something on a 112lsa. But even such a small cam does make a difference but when you feel the difference, you'll want to try a bigger one. Don't be scared of going to 4.30s, i love mine. Gas mileage didn't even go down, especially since i drive around town so much. A stall will bring it down some but it makes it so much more fun to drive it may be worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TopekaPat