California water blade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
:Nonono: Only microfiber towels touch my vehicles......Black paint + waterblade/chamois = swirls and fine surface scratches :imo:

I love my mirror like finish too much to risk it!!!

Last edited:

1weasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The detail guys use them in the detail bay at work for all of our lot cars. I've never seen them have a problem with them so far.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The detail guys use them in the detail bay at work for all of our lot cars. I've never seen them have a problem with them so far.

I'm gunna say look really close...I bet you see issues with the paint.

B

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i work at a body shop and we use them on all cars, i cant say they dont work, but i use one on my cars, as long as it stays clean and you only use it right after washing then its fine but i wouldnt use it on dark colored vehicles, they show swirls and scratching way to easy

i use it to get most of the water off after washing then chamois the rest but microfiber is the way to go!

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have one and it works great but only use these after you wash your car good. they will put a smile on your face cause you can dry your car so fast. but dont use it unless you just washed your car or it can scratch. its worth the $

Rob @ GGD

Reaction score
I'm gunna say look really close...I bet you see issues with the paint.

B

Agreed. I would not use one on any of my client's vehicles nor my own. Invest in a quality mf drying towel or a leaf blower lol.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Ive heard some ppl say how good these are to dry the car but I can't bring myself to try it. it just seems like it would scratch or streak the paint. has anyone tried it?

I have worked in 2 different detail shops growing up and we used them before we started noticing scratches on ALL of the black or navy cars we did. DO NOT USE IT ON BLACK OR NAVY, if you have white or silver you should be good, but if it picks up any spec of dirt it will scratch. Granted, they are clear coat scratches, so they can be buffed out.
I personally would never use one again on my cars. I learned the hard way more than once.
They do work great on windows, windshield and the roof though. Your best bet is always a shami or a regualr old towel.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a nice compressor, if you already have a big one, there you go. Get a long hose and blow the water off. Thats the best way to get as much water off with making as little contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
513Tahoe